WTB: RAM for my server.

Percy

Gawd
Looking for some ram for my server. Had some ram go back and wouldn't post. Looking for 16 sticks of 8gb ddr3 ECC 1866. Let me know what you guys have!

1660884516274.png

I can check on Monday. I know I have DDR3 ECC, but I'm not sure of the size or speed.

Looking for some ram for my server. Had some ram go back and wouldn't post. Looking for 16 sticks of 8gb ddr3 ECC 1866. Let me know what you guys have!
I'm assuming this is a dual cpu board since it has 16 slots, what cpus are you running?
If remember correctly that X9 generation you can only use 1 slots per cpu channel (4 channels per cpu) or it drops in speed due to the memory controllers having a cpu channel limit.
From the supermicro X9DRI-F manual I'm assuming you have v2 xeons (note the v1 xeons differ):

1660940386124.png

I would recommend you consider 8x16gb sticks instead if you really want 1866 speed and it to perform accordingly (and they're generally not much higher cost per gb).

That said I'll check my stock mid next week when I return home if you haven't found something by then.

If remember correctly that X9 generation you can only use 1 slots per cpu channel (4 channels per cpu) or it drops in speed due to the memory controllers having a cpu channel limit.
From the supermicro X9DRI-F manual I'm assuming you have v2 xeons (note the v1 xeons differ):

View attachment 502243
I would recommend you consider 8x16gb sticks instead if you really want 1866 speed and it to perform accordingly (and they're generally not much higher cost per gb).

That said I'll check my stock mid next week when I return home if you haven't found something by then.
Sounds good I'll be monitoring for a reply just incase.

I'd have probably had what you needed until you threw in ECC as a requirement. :)

See pics

Attachments

• Ram1.jpg
    Ram1.jpg
    440.3 KB · Views: 0
  • Ram2.jpg
    Ram2.jpg
    686.9 KB · Views: 0
Back