WTB - Pentium 4 C chip (478) capable of 3.5 GHZ and above OCed

Archaea

[H]F Junkie
WTB - Pentium 4 C chip (478) capable of 3.5 GHZ stably...hoping some poor fool is looking to get rid of such a chip because of a needless upgrade to AMD64....PM me if you've got such a chip.

I have a 2.4 ghz P4, 533mhz fsb, northwood for sale:

http://www.hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=948222

Check out the reply to "general" at the bottom of the first page of the thread linked above for a link to some pretty impressive OCs for this chip. People seem to get consistent ocs of 3.4 or better.

Archaea said:
WTB - Pentium 4 C chip (478) capable of 3.5 GHZ stably...hoping some poor fool is looking to get rid of such a chip because of a needless upgrade to AMD64....PM me if you've got such a chip.

Needless upgrade to A64?.. Well, an X2 is another story. I am seriously thinking to upgrade to an X2 mainly due to the fact that newer graphic card (high end) will most likely be PCI-E only. In my case, I still have what I believe to be a kick ass CPU but I am stuck on AGP, so... I am waiting the new ATI card, expecially R520 to make a decision. If you haven't found your CPU by then you can contact me (regarding the CPU I have in my sig).

Para

FYI, my chip was capable of 3750MHz stably on my old P4C800-E (V1.02). Now, I have a V2.00 and it is only capable of 3500MHz, well, this is on a 250FSB so that I can have my memory at 200MHz. The problem with this motherboard is that it droops too much compared to my old one. I can hit 3750MHz, play an hour or two and then it crashes. Anyway, this one is on RMA. With a little luck, I will get a better one. Also, aside from the motherboard, I have hit 3900MHz on a 300FSB. I have been able to run 3D mark 2001SE and toy with it a couple of minutes but it crashes. I have suspected at that time that it was due to cooling. Ah and oh, this was with stock voltage. At those speeds, it is recommended to cool down the mofsets, which I never did as I was happy with 3750MHz without modding anything.

Para

Parabellum said:
FYI, my chip was capable of 3750MHz stably on my old P4C800-E (V1.02). Now, I have a V2.00 and it is only capable of 3500MHz, well, this is on a 250FSB so that I can have my memory at 200MHz. The problem with this motherboard is that it droops too much compared to my old one. I can hit 3750MHz, play an hour or two and then it crashes. Anyway, this one is on RMA. With a little luck, I will get a better one. Also, aside from the motherboard, I have hit 3900MHz on a 300FSB. I have been able to run 3D mark 2001SE and toy with it a couple of minutes but it crashes. I have suspected at that time that it was due to cooling. Ah and oh, this was with stock voltage. At those speeds, it is recommended to cool down the mofsets, which I never did as I was happy with 3750MHz without modding anything.

Para

So when are you going to sell it ?

tutrinh said:
So when are you going to sell it ?

Err, I am waiting R520 to decide if either I buy it, or old my upgrade for later.

To the original poster, Sorry, I did not want to hijack your thread.

Para

Back