WTB: PCI VGA Card

Blue3ffect

Gawd
If you have anything to say dealing with why PCI-E "pwnzors" PCI, please take heed the information in the final paragraph of this post... thank you! :cool:

I am looking for a PCI video card. It does not have to be one of the new 8 series PCI cards (though, I won't argue it if you offer it at a reasonable price) as its only purpose is to provide resolutions higher than the integrated vga (800x600 max.) and is for a server that is primarily headless... but for the times that it does have a monitor hooked up to it, I don't want to be using 800x600 resolutions on a 24" screen =X

Please include shipping to 85044 if at all possible. Paypal is preferred (I've never been screwed over by them, so I have no problem with them) but I can do money orders, yadda yadda... pretty much anything. No, I will not send cash no matter how much positive heat you have... even if you are honest and won't just take it and say it got stolen in the mail, it might really get stolen in the mail or even simply lost :D

That being said, my heat is under Blue3ffect, same thing as my forum name, and is somewhere around 110ish-0-0. I don't remember if the figure given in my profile is up-to-date or not as I haven't done any selling or buying in some time between the move into the new house and the community service project (setup a small lab for a local charter school), so I don't even remember what my heat is. It is over 100 positive and 0 neutral and negative for sure, though. So, just a bit more rambling and then I will let you go if you are even still reading this...

Before anybody goes into some long lecture about how PCI-Express is so much faster and how PCI video cards are out-dated and nobody uses them anymore, etc., please note that it is going to be used in a 170x170mm board that only has a single PCI slot. Yes, there is still a need for PCI video cards in the real world so, please, save the lecture about how I should use a PCI-E interfaced card, because that is simply not an option in this case :) I am very happy with the 8800's in my gaming rig and am well aware of the limitations of the PCI interface and why PCI-E is better. Thanks :p

Back