WTB: original Xbox!

Format _C:

2[H]4U
I have one that stopped reading any disc just need the console (A component video AV set would be nice but not necessary)
Looking to spend around $80 shipped to Essex Junction Vermont (This is for my stepfather who lives there)

Thanks

Paying VIA PayPal G+S.

Just a heads up. The earlier version OG xbox's 1.0-1.5 have issue with the clock capacitor leaking it's acid and damaging traces on the mobo and can possibly cause a fire.
Watch ebay. They come up randomly at decent buy now prices and get bought quick.

ClockCap.jpg

dtupvznk4lm01.jpg

https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/wiki/clock_capacitor

Just a heads up. The earlier version OG xbox's 1.0-1.5 have issue with the clock capacitor leaking it's acid and damaging traces on the mobo and can possibly cause a fire.
Watch ebay. They come up randomly at decent buy now prices and get bought quick.

View attachment 425612
View attachment 425613

https://www.reddit.com/r/originalxbox/wiki/clock_capacitor
Yikes, thanks for the heads-up! I have an old one from launch I think, that I was going to try again soon...

clock capacitor
Is this the clock/date backup?
As soon as it is unplugged it asks me to enter the time/date upon next power-up.
I asked the forum because I trust [H] members more then eBay of Craiglist or FB MarketPlace seller/scalpers.

I've got a couple of the original XBox's. I be for sure willing to part with one.

I'll have to pull the case apart and make sure that the clock capacitors are not leaking.

I have an Xbox 360.....black case, all the stuff, including powerbrick and controllers, plus a shit ton of games.
Id have to see if it works still.

i would 2nd the ebay option i bought one for litreally $1 >< and 2 contorllers inc the old Duke Beast controller, shipping was $45 though lol. it did have the issue with reading discs but sent it out to be modded with a 512gb ssd upgrade and replaced the fans with noctuas, and new disc drive.

i would 2nd the ebay option i bought one for litreally $1 >< and 2 contorllers inc the old Duke Beast controller, shipping was $45 though lol. it did have the issue with reading discs but sent it out to be modded with a 512gb ssd upgrade and replaced the fans with noctuas, and new disc drive.

Where did you send your Xbox to? I have my launch Xbox still connected and I'd love to swap out the hard drive with something sata based.

Pretty sure you can get the original Xbox for less than the $80 you're looking to spend on ebay. But as everyone said, you'll have to change out that capacitor if it wasn't already changed. It's not a matter of if it will leak. It's a matter of when.

1.06b Xboxes from 2005 (and 1.06 models from 2004) don't have the "plague capacitor" and won't boot on stock bios without the cap

Too bad I just saw this, I've got a couple Xboxes in the closet tsop flashed with evox, ready for hard drive upgrades

Where did you send your Xbox to? I have my launch Xbox still connected and I'd love to swap out the hard drive with something sata based.

You can buy an IDE to SATA adapter from ebay and then use any drive you want, ive got an SSD in one of mine. It doesnt really help, and I swear some games take longer to load, though 4 play halo multiplayer is noticeably faster, oddly.

You can pick up decent ones on ebay for $80ish + shipping, though if you want a good one (V1.0 or 1.1) youll have to pay a bit more.

Also, if you do get the IDE adapter, make sure you get an 80 wire IDE cable to go with it, the stock xbox one is just a 40 I think. You will also want the longest one you can find, with the slave port as close to the middle of the cable as possible, otherwise it might not be long enough for the drive to sit flush inside the case.

Last edited:
I have one in the attic that has been modded and has some games loaded on it..... it's been so long I dont even remember what size drive is in it or what games I put on it

Back