WTB: Old CPUs (working or not)

sinisterDei

[H]ard|Gawd
As the title says, I'm looking to buy some specific old CPUs in either working or non-working order. I'm decorating my office and I want to make some kind of an display/anthology that features all the processors I've owned over the years. The CPUs don't need to work, but preferably they would be visually intact from the top.

As a result, I am looking for the following:
AMD Athlon (Socket A, Thunderbird if possible)
AMD Athlon XP (Socket A, Thoroughbred if possible)
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ (Socket 939)

The following CPUs I want, but preference here is for non-working units. This is both for cost, and because this hardware is still capable and I don't want to ruin 'good' hardware by mounting it to my wall:
Core i5 3570k
Ryzen 7 3700X

FOUND:
286 Bought on EBAY
486DX Bought on EBAY
Cyrix 6x86 (PR200 preferably) FOUND
AMD K6-2 300 Bought on EBAY
Intel Celeron 300A (Slot 1) FOUND
Intel Pentium 3 800 (Slot 1) FOUND
AMD Athlon 64 3200+ (Socket 754) FOUND
Core i7 6700k FOUND

I'm obviously not looking to spend much, and some of these I can buy on eBay but I figured I'd ask the [H] folks first. In all honesty I'm not likely to get the newer CPUs, and I'll probably stop my collection around the Athlon 64 X4 timeframe.

Last edited:

I also collect CPU's. That's an old and incomplete pic.

I'll see what from your list I have spares of. Would rather trade for other interesting chips than just sell them outright.

I do however have a i5-3570 (non-k) I could sell if you have any interest.

Unfortunately, I'm literally just starting out - I don't have a single CPU older than a Phenom II X4 hanging around. So I certainly don't have anything interesting to trade, but if you've got anything off the list and that you're willing to part with then I'm certainly interested.

i think I have a cryix 166, P4 2.8ghz, and a K6 233 laying around. I do not need them at all even though they probably work just fine.

I believe I have a couple Athlon 64 3200+ and a couple Phenom I or II processors, if you're interested.

i think I have a cryix 166, P4 2.8ghz, and a K6 233 laying around. I do not need them at all even though they probably work just fine.
If that p4 2.8 is s478 and still working, I would be interested in using it for an upgrade to an older system I have.

If that p4 2.8 is s478 and still working, I would be interested in using it for an upgrade to an older system I have.

2.8 does work. I pulled it from my only legacy system to put a 3ghz in it.

I'll take a look at all my CPU's I have a bunch om their mobo's going back to Athlon 2500, sad thing is I had almost all those CPU's you mentioned starting with the AMD 486Dx2 80.

heres a random a64 x2 4000+, a p3 slot, a socket 8 pentium pro, and a socket 478. i am sure i have p2, p4, old xeon, and a host of other stuff, if you guys have interest pm and i will get more pics and other stuff.
IMG_20200122_125412.jpg

I think I have a few from your list,
this is a pic of some I have but I just have to find the box I put them in,
procs.jpg

lol! I can't quite identify them, but if any of those are from my list I'll take 'em. For the slotted CPUs that have heatsinks/fans on them, I won't need that part if removing them will make them easier to ship!

The 3200+ hasn't come through, but I've bought a couple others. Still looking for more!

SDA3500DI03BW AMD Socket 939 SEMPRON 3500+ 1.8GHZ CPU

AMD Athlon 64 3500+ 2.2GHz (ADA3500DAA4BW)

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ 1.8GHz (ADA3000DAA4BW)

Intel P4 1 50 GHz 1500 MHz SL5UF

Intel Celeron D Processor 341 (256K Cache, 2.93 GHz, 533 MHz FSB)

SL7ZD (Intel Xeon 3.4 GHz)

any interest in these.

Just picked up a Celeron 300A, so that's one more off the list. Nobody came through on the 3200+ purchase, so that one is no longer pending, let me know if you've got one!

UP up. Really looking for the P3 800 and the older Athlons and then I think I've got enough to start the project, which is looking like it'll be a shadowbox of some kind.

I might have everything else you need (besides the i5 and Risen.).. but will have to check my stash.

I prob have about 25-30 slot 1 p2/p3 cpus. Mostly with 3rd party heatsinks.. think like for a dell pc.

Will try to remember to check tomorrow sometime.

I remember that p3 800 was a sorta rare bird to find back when I got these a decade ago or more and still today.

Real quick.. I have 3 p3 800 256/133 slot 1 cpus atleast a couple of Althon xp's 2500/2800/3000.. thought I had higher. will have to keep looking..one 800 duron and one throughbread 2100 or 2400 cant remember now.. from looking real quick.. have to run to dinner :/

I've got a 7700k that was delidded. The lid isn't attached, but I still have it.

The CPU may or may not work, I don't care to try out.

Meanie head!

I've got some interesting ones. The rarest are probably the ones I've listed below. The reason they are rare is because no one bought them. In the case of the Pentium Pro, they simply weren't bought for consumer use but were common enough for commercial use at the time.

Pentium D 965 Extreme Edition
Core 2 Extreme QX9775 (I actually have two of these as they were part of Intel's Skulltrail platform.)
Pentium Pro 180MHz

I also have the usual gamut of 486's, including IBM's Blue Lightning 486 DX2 66MHz and Core 2's, Pentium II/III CPU's etc.

Haha. Well you sound like more of a general collector than me. I only want the ones I owned over time :) I plan on making some kind of a shadow box with them, hopefully with some kind of small art or figurine next to each CPU representing the game I primarily played with each CPU. So Wolfenstein with the 286, Doom with the 486, etc.

Last edited:
Any interest in server chips?

I got some AMD G34 chips I can part with for cheap. I believe they're 71xx and 72xx series in 8 core, 12 core and 16 core versions.

Back