WTB: old, CHEAP notebooks

Az2

Limp Gawd
As title says... Want To Buy old, DIRT CHEAP notebooks. (the cheaper, the better) (working or non-working)

(prefer paying via paypal or money order)
(also have a 6800 I could trade)

Heatware = Az2

ebay = az2zej

So... what ya got?

I have an Inspiron 1100 that won't post anymore, i'm not sure why though. I have a feeling it's a minor problem but I really don't know anything about laptops. I'd let it go for 150 since there are a lot of usable parts on it. Let me know.

I've got some IBM thinkpads. PII ~300 anywhere from 64 to 192 ram

I got an old notebook laying around with a 486 in it running Windows 3.1. Old enough for ya :p ? Sure it barely holds a charge and we use it for reading from a scope but it still works!

I have had some communication with some of you... bump

I have 2 Panasonic Tougbooks 37 Model. One w/BIOS flash gone bad, NO POST. Other works fine. Touch Panels. Both have fully functional components, other than above mentioned issue. Specs unsure, they've been stored for a while, I think PII 400-466Mhz

do you want them for parts or working. i have 2 but both have problems and i cant recall in what state of functioning either of them are. ones a compaq with a p2 400 i think, was working fine and screen blacked out, not sure if its loose or bad. power cord got destroyed though, i had bought one off ebay for 20 bucks. the other is a dell, forget the model someone gave it to me, has a bios password and a crack in the screen. dunno what parts inside it. was gonna try to cannibalize them, but never got around to it.

I have an inspiron 4000 dell with a 900mhz p3, 384 ram, dvdrom and like 14 or 15 inch screen(not sure). Battery holds a charge but not sure how long. It was a refurb from dell. Has a 2000 pro coa on it but if you wanted I could throw a dell xp home coa and os on it for free. Got it from a client that was getting rid of it. Seems to be working fine(loaded ubuntu on it to test it out). Only thing would be that I would pull the hd before selling it. Even though I've run Dban on the drive I can't let it go due to what use to be on it(client information). Thing supports dual batteries if you pull the dvd drive and in place of the dvd drive it takes the normal battery. Onboard nic and modem. Nic worked under ubuntu fine but I haven't tested the modem(didn't care if it worked). I can prob throw another HD in it for free but I don't know if they are any good. Best bet would be to consider this working other then a hd. Thing has both the trackpad and eraser head. Interested? If so make an offer.

bumping... some offers pending... remember, DIRT CHEAP...

Certainly under $100 for cheapness, but less is better... bump

Back