WTB: NON-SATA notebook hard drive (7200rpm) or SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

neural0

Limp Gawd
I am looking to upgrade my father-in-law's notebook and unfortunately it is EIDE or PATA. The notebook is an HP with a huge widescreen. It's a tank that is never used without the AC adapter but it is extremely slow when booting up and opening programs. So I'm thinking its time to plop a faster drive in and see if that helps.

You can check out my list here and make offers for a trade. I JUST ADDED A BUNCH OF STUFF!!

Purchased a 5400rpm but would still be open to 7200's for a good deal...

Last edited:
you aren't going to find any DECENT ssd's for IDE fyi.

should be able to find a 7200 drive, but if it's using IDE still, it may be better to save a bit and get a new computer.

Yes, I agree the SSD won't be decent... It's not a matter of money, unfortunately, it's that he is tied to the computer because he knows how to use it. Trust me I've tried to convince him.

I've got an 80GB and a 160GB if you're interested....but both are 5400

Yea I need to upgrade to a 7200, I think he's at 5400 right now...

I don't think so, the processor is a Turion I think first-gen. As far as I can remember they didn't support PCIe

Yes, I agree the SSD won't be decent... It's not a matter of money, unfortunately, it's that he is tied to the computer because he knows how to use it. Trust me I've tried to convince him.

You haven't tried hard enough. It's a laptop, if he knows how to use one laptop he knows how to use any laptop.

Let him use a loaner laptop for a week, he'll understand after that.

Sounds like a good reinstall of Windows might be in order here..

I have a 250GB WD2500BEVE brand new. Let me know if you are interested.

PM Sent.

jimbo6846 said:
You haven't tried hard enough.

I am a pretty successful salesman by trade, I think because of that I am a fairly decent read of people. Have you ever dealt with a super high "C" personality that has every pre-judgement validated by the fact that they have created one of the most successful firms in the nation from the ground up against absolutely every obstacle that could be thrown at them? I feel pretty confident that I have done everything within reason, but you are more than welcome to try your hand at it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back