WTB: NEWER RYZEN MB, DECENT RYZEN CPU, DDR4 RAM

banks2878

Limp Gawd
ok here is the system I currently have. im wanting to start a new build with preferably a X470-F motherboard. I already bought a new case and plan on using most of the parts from this system and I have most parts to put back in to make this complete again but I will need a ryzen cpu as I plan on using this one.. I think I am going to use this ram aswell so maybe some ram to go into this current board

Case: Thermaltake Versa C22 Snow Edition RGB LED Lighting Windowed
Motherboard: ASUS Prime X370-Pro
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700
CPU Cooler: Aigo Liquid CPU Cooler T240 240mm
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz 16GB (2x8GB) (F4-3200C16D-16GTZB)
Video Card: Powercooler RX580 8GB
Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX
PSU: Corsair HX1000W 1000 Watt Modular Power Supply
M.2 SSD: Samsung 960 EVO Series 250GB M.2
HDD: WD Red 8TB NAS Hard Disk Drive
Cooling: 3 AigoDIY White Halo LED 120mm, 2 Thermaltake 120mm

ok here is the system I currently have. im wanting to start a new build with preferably a X470-F motherboard. I already bought a new case and plan on using most of the parts from this system and I have most parts to put back in to make this complete again but I will need a ryzen cpu as I plan on using this one.. I think I am going to use this ram aswell so maybe some ram to go into this current board

Case: Thermaltake Versa C22 Snow Edition RGB LED Lighting Windowed
Motherboard: ASUS Prime X370-Pro
CPU: AMD Ryzen 1700
CPU Cooler: Aigo Liquid CPU Cooler T240 240mm
Memory: G.Skill Trident Z DDR4 3200MHz 16GB (2x8GB) (F4-3200C16D-16GTZB)
Video Card: Powercooler RX580 8GB
Sound: Asus Xonar Essence STX
PSU: Corsair HX1000W 1000 Watt Modular Power Supply
M.2 SSD: Samsung 960 EVO Series 250GB M.2
HDD: WD Red 8TB NAS Hard Disk Drive
Cooling: 3 AigoDIY White Halo LED 120mm, 2 Thermaltake 120mm

Wait for Ryzen 2. You're just gonna waste your money at this point until it's released. If you want a REAL upgrade, hold out just a little longer. The new AMD 7nm CPUs are coming out incredibly soon. Moving to a 2700x will only be a marginal improvement. Heck, keep your mainboard the same as well. Not like you're gonna need the 470X or anything that's sporting PCI-E 4.0 at this point. Just drop in a brand spanking new Ryzen 2 3700 (when it comes out) and save your self some money.

Wait for Ryzen 2. You're just gonna waste your money at this point until it's released. If you want a REAL upgrade, hold out just a little longer. The new AMD 7nm CPUs are coming out incredibly soon. Moving to a 2700x will only be a marginal improvement. Heck, keep your mainboard the same as well. Not like you're gonna need the 470X or anything that's sporting PCI-E 4.0 at this point. Just drop in a brand spanking new Ryzen 2 3700 (when it comes out) and save your self some money.
Hey thank you I appreciate that.. I honestly dont use the computer for much of anything it isn't already capable of, I usually check in here a few times a year an just try to keep things recent and I had no idea about the new Ryzens coming out. so again thank you that was very helpful!

Hey thank you I appreciate that.. I honestly dont use the computer for much of anything it isn't already capable of, I usually check in here a few times a year an just try to keep things recent and I had no idea about the new Ryzens coming out. so again thank you that was very helpful!
Always happy to be of service :)

Best advice!

Back