WTB: New 2TB Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 HDDs

zeroARMY

[H]ard|Gawd
I was gradually buying up 2TB Hitachi Deskstar 5K3000 hard drives for ~$65 for my NAS over the last few months... and was very close to finishing... but then the Thailand floods hit.

I'm hoping someone can sell me the remaining drives I need for a reasonable price. I have 10 of the 14 drives I need. The model must be 0F12117. I'd really like them to be sealed new.

PM me any offers.

Last edited:
I have two used ones matching your model numbers and date. You are welcome to make me an offer on them if you get desperate. I've been using them as offline backups. So for most of their lives they have been sitting in storage boxes.

free bump - I'm not building a NAS but in the market for a cheap 2 or 3TB drive myself...

as much as I hate best buy -- for 115 brand new its the best deal I've seen (even beating amazon and the egg)

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchp...p=&qp=&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960

doesnt look like they can be had for much cheaper unless someone is just using them for paperweights - damn market, eh its life though.

I know this thread is million years old, but I'm hoping someone out there still has some because I need some more!

I have five of these drives (and actually posted in this thread years ago). I ultimately went with Samsung F4 drives for my array. Feel free to send me a PM with an offer.

Back