WTB: MSI K8N Neo Platinum or equivalent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bluntman

Supreme [H]ardness
I realize that it may be a bit of a stretch to find this specific motherboard, so anything that's a quality nForce 3 250Gb ATX board will be fine as long as the price is right. If you want eBay level prices, it may be another 2 weeks before I'll be ready to buy. The only accessory I care about is the I/O back plate. As much as I love my NF7-S and the 2500+ @ 2.2, it's just not enough to get the most out of the 6800 GT installed in it. Let me know what you got, and how much. Shipping will be to 49006, and paid by PayPal or USPS MO, your choice.

Heatware is Mr. Bluntman, 27-0-0. Thanks!

Good to know that I'm looking for the right motherboard for this system. All I'd need after this is a 3700+ Clawhammer and I'd be set. I do have a budget 754 PCIe board, but I would be better off using a 939 or AM2 for a PCIe setup (as I have a GTS 250 1GB that's stock overclocked past GTX 260 performance already, and would be the next best jump from a 6800 GT). Now if someone would actually have one... :p
Minor update - I'll be ready to buy by the 6th as long as the price is reasonable. Just need an I/O shield for it, as I have everything else.

Ttt> Who's still hoarding a 754 board that's collecting dust? :p I'll look at quality VIA chipset based AGP boards also, but would prefer an nForce 3 250Gb.

Man, my FX-55 and 6800 Ultra had a home on a Neo 2 Platinum back in the day. Traded up to an A8N-SLI so I could go for my first PCI-E 8800 GTX. Good times! :)

GLWS!

Dang, if you would have asked this question about 6 months ago, I was awash with 754 boards and a K8N Neo4 Platinum. I couldn't find any takers for any of them so they all ended up at the recycler.

I have an old.
MSI K8N Neo Platinum, Socket 754, AMD (MS-7030) has I/O Shield
This has AGP
Not Neo 2 though. It has a processor not sure exactly what speed though.
Last time I check which was a couple months ago it worked. No Bad caps and was in use last year.
Can check again if you want it.

Just looked it up...the S754 MSI is the plain "Neo", not the "Neo2" as in your title.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130457

Thanks, man. I fixed the typo in my header. To answer your question, 754 w/AGP. But I will have a look at 939 boards if they're PCIe.

I have an old.
MSI K8N Neo Platinum, Socket 754, AMD (MS-7030) has I/O Shield
This has AGP
Not Neo 2 though. It has a processor not sure exactly what speed though.
Last time I check which was a couple months ago it worked. No Bad caps and was in use last year.
Can check again if you want it.

Yes, please do check. If you can get some snaps of the board and CPU PM them to me.

Sale pending. I might have to start a thread doing some comparative benchmarking of NV40, since I did NV35 last time on less than ideal hardware. I'll keep this thread open until a sale is made though, for the nostalgia freaks...

Dang, if you would have asked this question about 6 months ago, I was awash with 754 boards and a K8N Neo4 Platinum. I couldn't find any takers for any of them so they all ended up at the recycler.

That's a damn shame, I would have taken them off your hands...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back