WTB MoBos for i7-2600k cpus

Status
Not open for further replies.

OhSigmaChi

Limp Gawd
So, I got gifted a couple of i7-2600k cpus from a local e-waste recycler friend, but the mobos on both looked pretty terrible (bulging caps on one, and some mystery burns/stains on the other).

I think these could be decent upgrades to my both my kids PCs (they're both sporting Athlon II X4 860Ks)

I'm not really picky, but would prefer the mobo be able to OC the CPUs.

I need each mobo to be under $50 shipped.

Thanks.

Not overclockable, but dirt cheap at <$13 shipped, these Dell motherboards need some odds and ends (usb front panel breakouts, and Dell hsf fans <$9 on the last two since they use 5-pin formats), but are a really cheap way to get both systems swapped out and running for under $50 total.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-M5DCD...sh=item590f4a9f9f:g:a08AAOSw72Na13~U&LH_BIN=1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-D28YY...sh=item2f26294e78:g:8tYAAOSww7tb7ed1&LH_BIN=1
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Dell-D6H9T...sh=item59396a5812:g:O18AAOSwWbVdp3xU&LH_BIN=1

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I would be all over these if they could OC, both of these CPUs will do 4.6Ghz without issue, so I would be leaving a ton of performance in the table.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I would be all over these if they could OC, both of these CPUs will do 4.6Ghz without issue, so I would be leaving a ton of performance in the table.
But by the time you have a good wc setup to get to 4.6Ghz safely, wouldn't it have been better to just sell the cpus and pick up 2 ryzen combos from people upgrading? Or even new if you have a MC nearby.

That's the thing I've discovered about older computers and components--keep them in their era and they're dirt cheap to keep running; but as soon as you want them to be faster, the money can add up really quick.

But by the time you have a good wc setup to get to 4.6Ghz safely, wouldn't it have been better to just sell the cpus and pick up 2 ryzen combos from people upgrading? Or even new if you have a MC nearby.

That's the thing I've discovered about older computers and components--keep them in their era and they're dirt cheap to keep running; but as soon as you want them to be faster, the money can add up really quick.

We got them running 4.6 on a $17 "snowman" cooler from Ali express (1 hour of Asus Realbench stress test and they hit 82*C and 84*C) on a friends board! No WC up in here, I don't have the money for that!

Sadly I don't have any in that price range atm otherwise I'd help you out. I'd check ebay for a good P67 mobo they should be cheap and have everything you need.

Sadly I don't have any in that price range atm otherwise I'd help you out. I'd check ebay for a good P67 mobo they should be cheap and have everything you need.

Yeah, I've got a couple on the watch list on ebay, I just figured an [H]'er might have one stuck in a closet somewhere and want a little extra cash for the holidays.

I have an itx z77 and 2500k set I just pulled. Was running at 4.6 for years, but recently I had to drop down to 4.2/4.4 as it didn't like it any more. Take that as you will, and if it's of interest, pm me and I'll get you more details.

I have an itx z77 and 2500k set I just pulled. Was running at 4.6 for years, but recently I had to drop down to 4.2/4.4 as it didn't like it any more. Take that as you will, and if it's of interest, pm me and I'll get you more details.

Not sure about itx form factor, only 2 RAM slots right? they're both running 4x4GB DDR3 RAM right now and I don't want to either drop down to 8 or find an 8gbx2 kit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back