WTB: Mame Box

Rock345

Weaksauce
Looking for a box to run MAME, so somewhere between 1.2 to 2.0. Anything higher would be overkill. Just need motherboard, CPU (doesn't matter Intel or AMD) , and memory.

I should mention that i'd like to spend around 100$ - 200$ as making this arcade has already melted my bank account.

Got a 1.33ghz with 256 on a ecs board with 4x agp will that work?

I've never put together a mame box, though I do think it'd be fun. I'm curious though, mame is a very low grade emulator that hardly uses any cpu speed as well as ram, so why such high cpu speeds? Wouldnt you do with just a 200mhz machine? Just curious, I may build my own one day

AMD 800mhz Duron (need heatsink)
Gigabyte mainboad 7IEX4 (SDR based)
256MB SDR memory (single stick)
Floppy Drive
Case (small biege atx tower) with PSU

$80 SHIPPED

email\heat: [email protected]

I will take 75.00 shipped for the combo its just board,cpu,hsf,and memory.

M.A.M.E = Multiple Arcade Machine Emulator...

Hardly low grade, infact it is one of the most arcade hardware perfect emulators out there. Neo Geo emulation is about as perfect as one can get.

Also note that Mame requires a very big CPU to run later games as not only does mame emulate the game it emulates the games original hardware. Infact the game still thinks it's running on it's original hardware.

A release comes out about every 4 to 6 weeks and right now it emulates over 4000 arcade games including clones and bootleg verisons. Everything from astroids, pacman, to tekken 3, crusin'usa provided you have enough cpu to run it.

BTW my mame arcade cabinet runs a o/c'd 2100+ (11x190) and it runs most games at 100% about 30 games require atleast a 3200 to run decently.

MAME is really intensive on procesors for new games. Since there is no 3d support or any graphic support for mame so it needs all it's juice through the CPU. MKII (the game I really want) doesn't run on my PIII500....or it does....jsut with crappy frame rate...that's why i'm looking to upgade. Anyway....if you're interested in MAME or building your own arcade check out arcadecontrols.com

I may be able to get an AMD Duron 1.3Ghz, a motherboard (KT133), and 384MB PC133 SDRAM.

You guys i have given me some ideas... i allways wanted to build one, i was gonna use 1 of my modded xboxws to do it though, i have Mame for it plus every other emulator you can think of including a very good Commodore Amiga emulator. Just gotta buy a cabinet and joysticks.

MAME Bump! Got all the stuff for a control panel for Christmas, myself; here's to 4000 games on real arcade hardware!!!

Xbox + Modchip is your best bet.. plus you can play any other emu you can think of ;)

i'd go the xbox method but i don't feel like hacking an xbox conrtoler to get it to work. Unless a keyboard to usb connection that would work. Gotta do some reserach on that. Anyway- morning bump.

Back