WTB LowProfile Video Card

MC FLMJIG

Supreme [H]ardness
I am looking for a ***low profile*** video card. Need it to run 3 to 4 monitors.

I have a Dell OptiPlex 990. Was looking for an Nvidia 1050 Low Profile model but I *** will take something of similar power***.

Thank you!

Last edited:
Are you looking for multi monitor productivity / workstation stuff? You should probably be looking for used Quadros for low profile multi monitors.... no good for gaming though. $10 each, get 2 for 4 displays. There might be some lurking around on this forum somewhere for sale

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Nvidia-Quadro-NVS-295-256MB-GDDR3-PCI-E-x16-Low-Profile-Desktop-Video-Card/184024137843

If you're trying to game with a LP card, you're in for bit of a hunt. You might score one for under $100 on an auction for a 1050 class.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
That is an interesting idea. Do you know if there are any with more than 2 monitor support. I only have 1 16x and 1 x4 slot.

I'm not aware of any 1050 class or older LP cards that will support 4 monitors, and not many that will support 3.

I think the older quaddro idea has some merit.

I do have a Sapphire 6670 1GB GDDR5 LP card that will drive two monitors for sure. But I've never hooked up all three outputs (HDMI, DVI, and SVideo) all at the same time.

OP, you might could try a laptop docking station. For instance, Dell D6000 universal dock supports 3 monitors. Don't know if a 4 monitor dock exists, maybe so.

OP, you might could try a laptop docking station. For instance, Dell D6000 universal dock supports 3 monitors. Don't know if a 4 monitor dock exists, maybe so.

I like where your head is at, and not to hijack OP's thread (we're problem solving for you here my dude), Janas, how would you propose to connect a laptop docking station to a SFF PC?

fwiw I have a laptop docking station on my work computer that connects via USB 3 port (dell 36m9k) but it only has DP and two HDMI ports. I have a HD4770 I'd give away but doesn't have the 4 vid out ports. I used to use it for HTPC until I went to Vega 11.

I like where your head is at, and not to hijack OP's thread (we're problem solving for you here my dude), Janas, how would you propose to connect a laptop docking station to a SFF PC?

The D6000 dock for example, uses a USB-C or standard USB-A connection, so it will work with any standard USB 3.0 connection.
I have used this dock to run 3 external displays (DisplayPort x2, HDMI x1), but that was when using the USB-C connection on my laptop. I'm not 100% certain but I believe when using USB 3.0 it can run a maximum of 2 external displays.

Good morning everyone, nice ideas.

The 1050 I have supports 4 monitors, GIGABYTE GTX 1050 Low Profile OC. I believe most support 3 and some support 4 monitors. I need

FYI D6000 only supports 3 monitors via USB c... It only supports 2 on USB 3.0.

You can utilize 4 monitors by using the two built in ports in the Dell Optiplex 990 but you will have to enable multi monitor setting in the bios.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WWLWWJM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I've got one of those if you're interested. They aren't exactly cheap but it's about the best you're going to get in a low pro, and I've only ever used 3 monitors on it but amazon says it will do 4. I could let it got for $130 shipped, they are going for like 160-180 on ebay, and 175-200 when they are in stock. I was going to put it on Ebay this week for those inflated prices and make bank but if you want it I'd sell to you first

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
FYI D6000 only supports 3 monitors via USB c... It only supports 2 on USB 3.0.

You can utilize 4 monitors by using the two built in ports in the Dell Optiplex 990 but you will have to enable multi monitor setting in the bios.
I went to bios but could not see the setting. It is also a VGA, bleh. Maybe there are different configurations.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06WWLWWJM/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

I've got one of those if you're interested. They aren't exactly cheap but it's about the best you're going to get in a low pro, and I've only ever used 3 monitors on it but amazon says it will do 4. I could let it got for $130 shipped, they are going for like 160-180 on ebay, and 175-200 when they are in stock. I was going to put it on Ebay this week for those inflated prices and make bank but if you want it I'd sell to you first
I currently have this but it is faulty, me thinks. Some guy on ebay sold it to me. Not sure if it is card or something else. It worked fine with 1 monitor but goes in and out and I am beginning to see artifacts from time to time. This one https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-geforce-gtx-1050-gv-n1050oc-2gl/p/N82E16814125951

Do you have the lp bracket? Can you do $120? Was not really in the market to spend so much but I really need it as this screen flicker is driving me insane. Hard to work.

EDIT: Just found it on Newegg. With rebate it comes out to $140.
https://www.newegg.com/gigabyte-gef...050 low&cm_re=1050_low-_-14-125-952-_-Product

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I have a 1050 LP that i put in my work SFF. Ill rip it out and bring it home tomorrow and PM you.

Do you have a price in mind or stuff to trade?

I have a 1050 LP that i put in my work SFF. Ill rip it out and bring it home tomorrow and PM you.

Do you have a price in mind or stuff to trade?

Just let me know what model # it is and what yo u want, dollar wise. It is almost BF and am seeing prices go lower. '

BUMP

Back