WTB: Low power, cheap wireless bridge

Looking for a wireless router that specifically has bridging abilities. Ideally would be one that uses minimal power with a small foot print, not a high power antennae array. Our humane society needs one to connect a fiber to ethernet adapter to for our Watchfire LED billboard. I can't run an ethernet line as we don't own the building. Running on floor or baseboard not an option either.

Speed irrelevant, g/n would be plenty. Just looking for anything you all have in your spare/retired parts pile. All of mine are large foot print and heavy power draws. Bridge distance is max 30 feet with minimal electrical interference so a dual antennae would be fine. Prefer $35 and under shipped to 62230. Have Paypal and Venmo. Thanks!

I got an old d-link dir-625 (I think this is the right model) if you are interested.

I have a spare wnce2001.... I won't be back home for like a week and a half though, but it's tiny, low power (only a single rj45 jack and no external antenna) and would fit your description well. Let me know if interested.

I have a cheap router you can have for cost of shipping....let me check the model and make sure it supports bridge mode. PM me a reminder
Edit; It is a Linksys e4200; will that work?
https://www.linksys.com/support-product?sku=E4200
Appreciate the offer but the docs I found only support AP mode via a direct wire to the master router.
I got an old d-link dir-625 (I think this is the right model) if you are interested.
I also appreciate your offer but docs show this device can't do AP or bridge mode.
I have a spare wnce2001.... I won't be back home for like a week and a half though, but it's tiny, low power (only a single rj45 jack and no external antenna) and would fit your description well. Let me know if interested.
If no other options present itself I'm willing to give this a try. I hadsimiliar devices in my past and they're reliability was questionable. Have you had good luck with this things? Thanks.

Do they have any wire going up to the sign pole or a power outlet there? Just use powerlines or a vdsl ethernet extender.

If no other options present itself I'm willing to give this a try. I hadsimiliar devices in my past and they're reliability was questionable. Have you had good luck with this things? Thanks.
I haven't had issues with mine and it was outside in my chicken coop for over a year... All sorts of dust, humidity, heat, cold. I did notice if it's plugged into a USB port instead of a good USB brick it can be unstable. I even flashed tomato onto one of them at some point as well (I have 3 of them, none in use currently). Anyways, it's available and not going anywhere so I'll check with you back when I get home to see if you are good or want to try it.

Mikrotik UI and logic has been a bit different for me to deal with, but I've had a $15 ebay hAP AC lite Router used as a bridge for a bit over a year and it's been rock solid.

Anything that has good support for OpenWRT would be my pick right now. I've picked up a pair of ebay linksys EA7300's ~ $22 each Linksys EA7300 AC1750, I'm on week 3 with one on openWRT and I'd give it... a 7 out of 10 so far.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back