WTB looking for old pentium2/3 slot 1 Alpha heatsink!!

eclypse

2[H]4U
EDIT: 3DFXCool Alpha P3125 slot 1 heatsink I believe called.

Back in the day I had a pentium 2/3 slot 1 massive black aluminum heatsink with a copper core. Had a silver colored steel shroud and dual fans.. made by Alpha. That all I remember.. i dont remember what the name was but atleast know the manufacture.

Was tops back then and heavy and loud. Been looking for years.

I have like 1 pic of it installed and I'll upload it later on.

If ya think you have it tucked away please look for it and name your price!

Last edited:
I was hoping that I could help you because I recently came across an old HP Netserver with a Pentium 2 MMX in it. I am going to toss it but I just tore it apart and it doesn't have anything like you describe, unfortunately. Good luck on your search, though!

alphalarge.jpg

3DfxCool Alpha1HO-P3 Cooler
That?

Last edited:
bump for old school fun..

Love the days of this brand heatsink.... if you had a Celeron 300 or 366 , you most likely had an Alpha heatsink also

Got a response from that company that made them back when.

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we discontinued this heat sink long ago and carry

no inventory. Working tooling for this heat sink no long exists, so

we could not create any additional pieces.

I’m sorry that we could not help you with this inquiry.

Let me know if you have any questions.

:(

Got a response from that company that made them back when.

Thank you for your email.

Unfortunately, we discontinued this heat sink long ago and carry

no inventory. Working tooling for this heat sink no long exists, so

we could not create any additional pieces.

I’m sorry that we could not help you with this inquiry.

Let me know if you have any questions.

:(
Bummer. :( Are they willing to give you the blueprints for it so you can get it fabbed somewhere else? I've had custom metal things made before, and while it wasn't cheap, it is definitely possible. (y)

Damn, crazy memories. Alpha socket coolers on Celeron 366s on an Abit BP6 Dual socket board. Hitting 533 dual. Oh man.

I won one of these that was rigged up with a peltier back in the day. Never used it, didn't like that it blocked one or two RAM slots on my Soyo 6BA+IV at the time, and I didn't feel that my Celeron 433mhz at the time could get past the 590mhz barrier that it was already running at. My favorite cooler from that period was the Thermaltake Golden Orb.

Man I miss the 440BX :(

I won one of these that was rigged up with a peltier back in the day. Never used it, didn't like that it blocked one or two RAM slots on my Soyo 6BA+IV at the time, and I didn't feel that my Celeron 433mhz at the time could get past the 590mhz barrier that it was already running at. My favorite cooler from that period was the Thermaltake Golden Orb.

Man I miss the 440BX :(

Funny you should mention that.. I have a golden orb on the way to get me by.

I actually had a dream about this heatsink last night haha. I found my old one all cut up (I did cut it up into 4 pieces to use on a GPU way back when) and thought wow, thiers enough of a piece there that I might be able to mount it! Hehe

Bump for the memories! I think I have the smaller Alpha PEP66 cousin in a box somewhere that I used on my hot sauce celery. Good times.

Bump for the memories! I think I have the smaller Alpha PEP66 cousin in a box somewhere that I used on my hot sauce celery. Good times.

Well if you can find it and thinking about selling it I might wana add it to my collection ;)

Back