WTB: Lian-Li DK-03X / DK-05X Aluminum Computer Desk

Thanks!

I just so happen to need a new desk and case. I am trying to upgrade from an old mountain-mods which I am already tired of.

Since there isn't much options to begin with, after a lot of thinking I ended up with these 2 on the list. However, either case has a lot of pros and cons. I would need to do some modding for either of them to work properly. Hopefully someone got some work done on theirs so I can avoid all the trouble.

SMA8/A is a far stretch since caselabs is gone and the case takes up a bit too much room to my liking.

Bump for you and good luck! I've considered the DK-05X myself. I imagine this is not an easy thing to find for sale, used. Oh, just in case you're not aware of it I also suggest you check out Italian company Hydra and their "Hydra Desk" (high end) or "Slim Desk" (smaller model); its one of the few tempered glass + aluminum desk cases out there. It isn't powered the same way the LianLi DK05X is, but it has tons of cooling potential including side rad mounting and the like. https://www.hydra-shop.com/product/hydra-desk/

Thanks!

I've pretty much looked around for what's currently available in the market. All the desk with ideal specs are basically self made or heavily modded. One of the reasons I didn't consider the Hydra was because of the legs. The slim version is also slightly too small. All of these desk are basically out of stock at the moment. There's probably 1 or 2 other sites that still has the Lian Li in stock but the price is rape. Considering all the extra work and parts I need for it, I will have to pass on it.

I had the chance to buy it when it was on sale but one of my main concerns was how you need to remove the tempered glass for access or that it didn't have an motorized leg. I debated for quite a long time since what I wanted was basically a mix of the hydra, dk-05x and dk-03x. I wanted something with easy access like an pull out cabinet plus sit and stand frame.

DK-03x is the closest to what I am looking for other than not having enough vent for radiators and motorized leg. After some more research I noticed that the legs on the DK-02x/DK-03x were mounted by screws, therefore I can just leave the legs off and easily mount the desk on a motorized frame instead.

The DK-05x has the motorized leg and way better vent or space but you can't access the parts without removing the tempered glass top. Down side to owning a DK-05x is that it requires a lot of modifications, especially when you want to clamp a monitor onto the desk.

I am surprised for such an expensive desk chassis they can't even add hinges and magnets for an easy swingable glass top. They made these desk for enthusiast but is lacking in every aspect. Paying top bucks just to remake the whole desk again with more money. LOL!

Back