WTB: Lian Li 5.25" to 3.5" conversion cages

Fritzz

[H]ard|Gawd
Hoping some of you hoarders out there have some of these laying around. I have some depth limitations(less than 198mm or 7.79") on my current build and I am looking to cool my HDDs better than the current setup. Not too worried about condition, as long as things aren't all bent up. Screws would be nice, but I can source those in other ways.

If you have others besides what's below, let me know.

Thanks!

Here's the model numbers I am looking for:

Lian Li EX-36A2:
Lian Li EX-36A2.jpg

Lian-li EX-36B1 - this on has a front grill do not care if it's black or silver.
Lian-li EX-36B1.jpeg

Last edited:
Looked on frozencpu and the one you want is out of stock there, but they do have a hotswap version in stock and the bare cage without the fan

https://www.frozencpu.com/cat/l3/g4...-Lian_Li_Parts-Lian_Li_Bay_Devices-Page1.html

Appreciate the link. The issue with those is the mounting depth and it will only hold 3 HDDs compared to 4 like the ones I linked. Thanks for looking out though!

EDIT: I went back and looked and I think you are talking about the Lian Li EX-33N1. Which depth wise would work, but would like the capability to put 4 drives in there and a fan is a nice to have. I have scoured the interwebs and it looks like I am about 7 years too late lol.

Yeah they used to have a lot more Lian-Li stuff a few years ago, and they are just selling what they have left. Once it is gone, it is gone, as Lian-Li stopped making most of this many years ago.

I had looked at those. They are pretty deep. Trying to stay under 198mm(updated my post to state that) These sit at 227mm.

The Lian-Li 5.25 to 3.5 cages are soooo expensive. Never selling mine.... and I need more.

If you don't absolutely have to have Lian-Li, what about these 3x 5.25 to 5x 3.5 cages that you can also add a 120mm fan to on eBay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Hard-Drive...3-5-SATA-HDD-Tray-Enclosure-Case/184252954518
I saw those on Mod DIY. Kind of my last resort if I can't figure something else out.

https://www.performance-pcs.com/cas...-hdd-with-mesh-front-all-black-ex-332x-d.html

This is in stock, might need to check dimensions on them. Hope it helps.

Depth on that one is good, just the 3 drive limitation is my only issue with those.

I really do appreciate everyone jumping in and helping out by looking. If for whatever reason I can't find the ones I had in the first post then I am looking at:
Lian Li EX-34 only issue is I cannot verify the depth of the enclosure
3 into 5 Ebay enclosures that cyclone3d linked

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Not sure if that what you looking for, but I have EX-33N1 kit, and Cluster MB-01.

The EX-33N1 would work, it's just limited to the 3 drives. I'm going to see if I can find what I am looking for(EX-36), but if I end up going that way I will let you know.

Appreciate you pulling out your wares and sharing!!!

Reactions: MAX_M
like this
Back