WTB: iPhone 8 - FS/FT Dual E5 Server (PENDING SOLD)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gillbot

[H]F Junkie
Lmk what you got and price on the iPhone.

Proof:
IMG1
IMG2
IMG3

FS/FT Server Setup consisting of:
Gigabyte GA-7PESH4 Motherboard 1U version with 1 slot just bare board no box or I/O shield
Original 1U power supply (if I can find it)
Dual E5-2690 CPUs w/ 2x 1U fanless heatsinks PLUS 2x Dynatron Tower heatsinks
112GB DDR3 Registered Ram (with extra 4gb sticks)

$225 plus shipping OBO (keep in mind this will be a big heavy package) and i'm also open to trades, though PC wise I don't really need anything.
PENDING

**Full disclosure on the system. I ran linux on it for a while and it was flawless. I wanted to use Win10 but it NEVER runs. Flat NEVER. It crashes more than Evil Knievel on a bad day. So, since I rarely use it anyway and I am too lazy to figure out a real server OS, it's time to go. Just be forewarned, your stability may vary but will probably be better than mine because I'm lazy. TBH, I threw a quick Win10 install at it, watched it crash, let it sit for 4 months and just now fired it back up to an "insert proper boot media" prompt. So rather than troubleshoot, I'm getting rid of it mainly because it sat for over 4 months without me turning it on once.

**Update - To get the screens I fired it back up and low-and-behold it booted! I unplugged my 2nd drive from the system so it may be a simple file system or SATA issue, but as you can see the system DOES WORK!

Last edited:
This will probably be here a while but thanks for the heads up. I don’t usually get too many hits anyway

Bump

I will send this link to someone that was wanting something like this. I went to a lan party you hosted in Charlotte, just before 9/11. Are you back in NC, by chance?

Bump

I will send this link to someone that was wanting something like this. I went to a lan party you hosted in Charlotte, just before 9/11. Are you back in NC, by chance?
I left the Charlotte area in 2001, unfortunately. Moved several times since then.
Any case or just mobo+PSU?
I do not have the 1U case, but I have other tower cases that can be included if one is needed. Shipping is usually killer on them though due to size/weight. I don't get discounts like Newegg does unfortunately.
I actually have it in a Tower case with a seasonic ATX power supply.

posted this to another, thought I’d add it here for info.
I’m wondering if the issues are with my ssd or psu. I noticed today that if it boots then I reboot it, it loses the ssd in bios until I pull the sata power to the ssd and reconnect it. Then it’s fine and powers back up. But after that, I messed with it for over an hour and it never did I again. Maybe bios battery. Hmm. Aside from that I will say once I fire it up and get it going, it’s rock solid until windows update forces a reboot. Plus I’m very win10 illiterate as I’m stuck in win7 land.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back