WTB: Inexpensive Parts For Daughters PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Durvelle27

2[H]4U
Alright guys yet another WTB thread. Welp long story short my daughter stated she no longer is happy with her laptop as it can't play the games she likes well which is understandable as it's pretty under powered. And she wants to get more into PC gaming.

So parts I'm in need of

DDR3 8GB
FM2+ CPU (Already have board)
Decent GPU
450W-650W PSU
SSD 128GB-256GB for OS
HDD 1TB or Bigger for storage

She's mostly trying to play Fortnite, Roblox, Minecraft, and Call of Duty since she sees me play it.

Not looking to spend a lot.

Last edited:
I have a 280X card and some 4GB DDR3 I could put together.

I got a single slot XFX RX460 4gb you could have for 20$ shipped...
It has one issue and I was never able to figure out why. If the system goes on standby HDMI audio didn't work until you restarted the computer. Not a big issue for those who shut their computers off after done playing but I never shut mine off. A minor annoyance at best.

Bare card in static wrap, but would be well packaged.

Card gone.

Last edited:
I am in the same situation as you. I ended buying a HP G1 SFF with an i5 4670, 4gb, 500gb hdd for about $85.00 shipped (ebay). I added a gtx 750 ti low profile (bought here $65), added 8 gb of ram (left over) and a Adata 240GB ssd ($40 amz). For under $200. it's not bad at all.

Any interest in a dell system with an i7-2600? I’d let it go very reasonable if so. I used it for a “home server” for a short period until I upgraded it.

A8-5500 cpu.
if it fits your mobo you can have it for shipping

i mgiht be able to find some DDR3 ram

How much are you looking to spend on this? There's a user on here that's selling 570 or 470 4GB card for $60 shipped. https://hardforum.com/threads/fs-rx-video-cards-motherboards-power-supplies-1000w.1875775/ That's probably worth the extra $10 or $20 you'd get something else for if the deal below falls through.

I got a single slot XFX RX460 4gb you could have for 20$ shipped...
It has one issue and I was never able to figure out why. If the system goes on standby HDMI audio didn't work until you restarted the computer. Not a big issue for those who shut their computers off after done playing but I never shut mine off. A minor annoyance at best.

Bare card in static wrap, but would be well packaged.

FWIW, this is more than likely an EDID loss issue. This usually has to do with you restarting the computer or resuming from sleep while the monitor is off. If you turn the monitor off and back on, it'll search for the connection, acquire the GPU, EDID will lock, and audio should work fine. Working in digital signage, this happens all the time.

How much are you looking to spend on this? There's a user on here that's selling 570 or 470 4GB card for $60 shipped. https://hardforum.com/threads/fs-rx-video-cards-motherboards-power-supplies-1000w.1875775/ That's probably worth the extra $10 or $20 you'd get something else for if the deal below falls through.

I have purchased MANY MANY items from that user, amazing deals and fast shipping once your message gets through :)

Thanks for the tip about EDID. It probably doesn't help that I was using a very cheap TV as a monitor (No longer)

And free bump for OP.

ttt, i'll get the details on the dell as soon as I get a window from working. UGH!

Ok, it's a Dell Vostro. (I think it was a model 260)
CPUz lists it as a Dell OGDGBY, has an i7-2600 and 16gb DDR3 and Maxtor 250gb 7200RPM HDD but no GPU as I used onboard graphics. Has Win7 installed and activated but i'm not sure about the license as I pulled this drive when I got it and ran it with a 2TB.

I have an entire 2500k system I can part out as needed. Make an offer. I can get you more specific details when I get home. I think the mobo is an Asus P8Z68 something.

Sent you a PM. I'm upgrading soon and have a decent 2600k setup with a 980TI Hybrid GPU. I also live nearby! (about 70 miles east of you)

I can toss in a cheap SSD and HD if you want to pay shipping. Probably have a suitable PSU as well. PM me if you want.

Did something similar for my own two daughters recently so I feel ya.

Marked so I can pm later. I have ssd's and spinny drives that may fill the spot.

(Edited because stupid autocorrect)

Last edited:
k, as promised PM'd about drives and a video card. Probably not exactly what you're looking for, but whatever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back