WTB External Enclosure for 5.25 optical drive

Jen

2[H]4U
I know this is a long shot but am looking for one for myself . It can either be usb 2.0 but prefer 3.0 . Yes I know I can buy a usb slim line burner and I have had a few but they always seem to fail me on burning or reading and so I am tired of it. I have a burner here that is meant to be internal never fails on burning but my problem is I want a small case and I cant seem to find one I like with a 5.25 optical drive opening so this is only option outside me trying to make a case.

thank you

Jen

still giving this a long shot , i know someone may have one in thier closet they no longer use or maybe someone knows of a very small cube mini itx case that has 5.25 external bay. something 9 x 9 foot print ? corsair 250d is only thing i am seeing and its size is rather large for my liking

hugs

Last edited:
I used to have a few of them way back in the day but I can't remember if I gave them away, tossed them, or stored them in the attic.

A member here was selling these brand new Apple super drives for $25 shipped so I bought one. Works on the PC fine when you install the Apple Bootcamp DVD drivers, but I don't think you can boot from it like if you had to install an OS.
IMG_0868.JPG

enclosure would prefer 3.0 but consider 2.0 as well . Vantec USA NexStar DX External 5.25-Inch Optical Drive Enclosure USB 3.0 or similar. must support sata not ide. either this or i need to find a small cube case that fits a 5.25 optical drive in to it. right now i am without a case as i cant find one small that does support 5.25

Jen

Back