WTB eVGA EVGA Supernova 1200 P2 80+ Platinum

Bump I just picked one up from EVGA about 2 weeks ago. Works great. I would possibly sell you mine but I had to send my other one in to EVGA for RMA. Maybe when it gets back I will revisit.

What are you running? A 5950x at full bore with a 3080 Ti takes less than 600 watts.

What are you running? A 5950x at full bore with a 3080 Ti takes less than 600 watts.

FTW3 Ultra 3090.

I'm having issue playing games as sometimes when my GPU is pushing itself my PC turns off randomly and I think it's my PSU, so I want to buy a 1200.

I mean, you never want to have your PSU be close to your actual consumption. You should hook your machine up to a kill-a-watt and measure. Lets say it's 760w, then you can comfortably get a 900 or 1000. But 1200 seems overkill for what you're doing. I could be completely wrong on your consumption, I'm just throwing numbers out there.

I mean, you never want to have your PSU be close to your actual consumption. You should hook your machine up to a kill-a-watt and measure. Lets say it's 760w, then you can comfortably get a 900 or 1000. But 1200 seems overkill for what you're doing. I could be completely wrong on your consumption, I'm just throwing numbers out there.

I understand what you're saying. But I've read and on other PC tech forums people have been saying that the 3090s EAT a lot of power and can spike the power usage to over 1k and trip the PSU and that's why I get these random shut downs while playing games here and there.

I had an 850W Gold PSU with a 5950x and a 3090 FTW3. It would trip in games shutting off the computer. Even if the 3090 spiked to 500W and the CPU was ~150W, I should have had plenty of wiggle room, but it kept shutting off in games.

I happened to have the 1200W P2 sitting around, and I haven't had an issue since I installed it. I RMA'd the 850W PSU back to EVGA, so hopefully it got fixed/replaced.

I had an 850W Gold PSU with a 5950x and a 3090 FTW3. It would trip in games shutting off the computer. Even if the 3090 spiked to 500W and the CPU was ~150W, I should have had plenty of wiggle room, but it kept shutting off in games.

I happened to have the 1200W P2 sitting around, and I haven't had an issue since I installed it. I RMA'd the 850W PSU back to EVGA, so hopefully it got fixed/replaced.

OK, this is what I've been told, so I'm thinking it's my PSU.

Not saying you are wrong but a buddy of mine has 3090 in an HP omen brebuild and the psu in that thing has got to be some underpowered oem junk. He hasn't reported any crashing.

Back