WTB: Dual PCB nVIDIA GeForce GTX 295 1792MB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bluntman

Supreme [H]ardness
Thread title says it. I bought an EVGA model from another forum member/friend that was DOA for $100 shipped, so that's what I'm willing to pay, more or less. A fair price considering my old 980 Ti just sold for $200. If you want eBay prices for your card, please don't PM me and just sell your card there. I want the dual PCB version as pictured.

239-front.small.jpg

Help me attain my dream 2009 build! Heatware is Mr. Bluntman. Thank you!

Last edited:
Had the evga red edition. One of the best and most fun card I've ever owned. Good luck!!!

Curious as to the rest of the 2009 Dream build. I have a few dream builds but a favs got to be my Fx60, abit crossfire board with x1900xtx and xt crossfire edition, Corsair tracer ram. Admittedly, I often will swap out the cards for dual hd 2900’s or something else for giggles. Another dear to me build is a 4400x2, A8n32 sli, 7800 gtx 512 sli or 7950 gx2 quad sli, Corsair Xms. Good luck on your search.

Curious as to the rest of the 2009 Dream build. I have a few dream builds but a favs got to be my Fx60, abit crossfire board with x1900xtx and xt crossfire edition, Corsair tracer ram. Admittedly, I often will swap out the cards for dual hd 2900’s or something else for giggles. Another dear to me build is a 4400x2, A8n32 sli, 7800 gtx 512 sli or 7950 gx2 quad sli, Corsair Xms. Good luck on your search.
Well, the rest of it can be seen here, sans the 295. I wanted a fast Nehalem system, but at the time Core 2 Duo/Quad was still good enough for gaming, so I deemed it an unnecessary upgrade and passed that generation of CPUs over entirely. I would have ignored Nehalem even more if I owned my 790i Ultra SLI system back then.

I once had 3 of these in one system. One was the red one. LOL @ the heat generated. I think I even kept the shroud due to all but one of them dying eventually. I do have a 690 dual still under warranty cause I bought the 10yr through EVGA. Hit me up when you plan on a 2012 build. haha

I once had 3 of these in one system. One was the red one. LOL @ the heat generated. I think I even kept the shroud due to all but one of them dying eventually. I do have a 690 dual still under warranty cause I bought the 10yr through EVGA. Hit me up when you plan on a 2012 build. haha
When I get around to building an Ivy Bridge-E system I definitely will!

Edit: So what did you use the third one for? PhysX?

TTT

Last edited:
Bump for you. This thread reminded me that I never sent my card in to EVGA for warranty replacement.

When I get around to building an Ivy Bridge-E system I definitely will!

Edit: So what did you use the third one for? PhysX?

TTT
nah.. was just seeing how much power I could pull out of my orange PC&P 750w. I hit close to 900w with CPU and HDD's going hard with the 295s. Saddens me thinking about it now cause I have pics in the firearm thread where I blasted 2 of the 295's with 00-buck and my 45 after they died. free bump

I have that 750W PCP&C, one of the best PSUs I ever bought. Bought it back in 2008, and still in use today. Orignailly had it on my core2 duo rig, then had it in my Ivy bridge after that. Finally replaced it in the Ivy bridge with a newer PSU and it went back into the old core2 rig.

Morning TTT - I remember PCP&C, what the hell ever happened to them? Didn't they used to be the market leader for high wattage supplies once upon a time?

They were doing okay, then OCZ bought them and ran them into the ground and ceased to exist. Then some people bought the name from the corpse of OCZ and restarted them up again. They are very small now and unknown quality of their PSUs, who knows if they will be able to come back.

A gtx 295 would only support 2 way SLI since that's already 4 GPU's. You can't even run 3 together, nice BS though.

A gtx 295 would only support 2 way SLI since that's already 4 GPU's. You can't even run 3 together, nice BS though.
who said I was running sli? reading the thread will help. edit: bump

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back