WTB: DDR2 old server memory (2gb x 4 DDR2-667 ECC 240-pin DIMM)

techtips

Gawd
Hello, I'm helping a friend upgrade his home lab server and we are looking for the following memory.

2gb x 4 DDR2-667 ECC 240-pin DIMM **UNBUFFERED* not FBDIMM.

***Okay after digging around, the current ram in the server is 2GB Kingston ram (Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Server Memory Model KVR667D2E5K2/2G)

Soooo

I'm on the hunt for non-Registered, unbuffered memory (2gb x 4, ddr2 667 memory)

If anybody has any laying around, please let me know.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I'll look, I think I still have some of these. Probably more than 4 if you can take it?

Not sure if I sold that stuff or not. LOL

I'll look, I think I still have some of these. Probably more than 4 if you can take it?

Not sure if I sold that stuff or not. LOL

Thank you, please let me know.
I don't have use for more than 4 but I guess I could maybe find somebody that would need it? It seems that FB-DIMM's are plenty but regular 240-pin DIMM's are a bit harder to find.

I have a mess of these if you want some. They're not 667, but 400 should work in most cases. I would happily send them to you for the cost of shipping.

***Okay after digging around, the current ram in the server is 2GB Kingston ram (Kingston 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM ECC Unbuffered DDR2 667 (PC2 5300) Dual Channel Kit Server Memory Model KVR667D2E5K2/2G)

Soooo

I'm on the hunt for non-Registered, unbuffered memory (2gb x 4, ddr2 memory)

I like how he specifically states un-registered and unbuffered because too many people out there are selling ECC registered and have no idea wtf that is and they don't mention it. Its kinda an important specification ya know... just a tad.

I like how he specifically states un-registered and unbuffered because too many people out there are selling ECC registered and have no idea wtf that is and they don't mention it. Its kinda an important specification ya know... just a tad.

huh?
Fuck off. I'm trying to figure this shit out. Go troll a different thread.

Oh shit. you've been here since 2000. You must have slayed many newbs with your smartass attitude.

Good job.

• DDR2 667/533MHz unbuffered, ECC / non-ECC SDRAM, 240-pin gold-plated DIMMs
You should be good with any kind of DDR2 RAM

Last edited:
huh?
Fuck off. I'm trying to figure this shit out. Go troll a different thread.

Oh shit. you've been here since 2000. You must have slayed many newbs with your smartass attitude.

Good job.
You completely misunderstood that post. That wasn't a troll, it was actually a compliment... you take things really hard and you're a sensitive dude. I don't doubt that you're trying to "figure shit out". You seem pretty frustrated about a pretty simple issue. Stay calm, its ok. Nobody was trying to troll you, you are probably feeling trauma from another incident. Seriously, that was uncalled for.

All I was trying to say was that the unregistered spec is something that most people do not pay attention to, and the OP was very specific about that unregistered spec in the beginning and I was giving him mad props for that. Yeah I may have worded my statement using the wrong tone for sure, but coming at me with "fuck off" is grounds for an infraction, sir. And I won't even have to report you, I'll just see what happens.

Last edited:
Back