WTB: cheap mATX or smaller motherboard/cpu combo for HTPC

goodcooper

[H]F Junkie
evening friends, my HTPC has served me dutifully for far too long (celeron G1840), time to upgrade it

i think i'm looking for a mATX, probably something AMD based w/ an APU, couple year old should be fine, it'd be nice if it can do x265, it'd be rad if it could push 4k 60hz out the HDMI

otherwise it just needs to play video well, and maybe some old school emulators and stuff

also, i'm poor... by choice, but it's where we're at, not expecting much but feel like this is the place to find a deal

I might be posting an hp mini 800 g2 later tonight.
I7 6700, 2x 4gb sodimm, 1x 120gb Intel ssd
2x dp ports and 1 vga port
Win10
$95 shipped, but could remove the ssd and do 85 shipped

Just looking for a cpu/board combo, very happy with my Silverstone htpc chassis and everything else in the box

YGPM, maybe too high spec and too much money to spend (11700k + z490m gaming x). Would do great for emulation (AVX 512)

i have an un locked Pentium anniversary sitting around if you want it (same core count, but potentially double performance)

i have an un locked Pentium anniversary sitting around if you want it (same core count, but potentially double performance)
tempting offer, but i was mentioning the CPU to give you an idea of the age of the system... i'd really like to upgrade the graphics performance, especially for x265... and replace the motherboard with something a bit newer as well

learning a bit more about the more recent AMD APUs w/ the vega graphics built in, i think that's what i'm looking for

tempting offer, but i was mentioning the CPU to give you an idea of the age of the system... i'd really like to upgrade the graphics performance, especially for x265... and replace the motherboard with something a bit newer as well

learning a bit more about the more recent AMD APUs w/ the vega graphics built in, i think that's what i'm looking for

sorry ma, but i need to hold on to this 4790k I upgraded to fur couple more years

have an old h61 mini itx board with an i3 2100t if you don't mind the2.5 ghz speed (haven't turned it on in 3 years, after I replaced the server with a dell system I couldn't say no to on here), oh and maybe a leftover core i3 2550 that i never installed (pico psu would have made it hard to upgrade, and that 30% clock bump wasn't worth it for me to rip the system apart.

I did upgrade the BIOS to ivy if you re interested...but cant be sure if I'll find it laying around here anywhere near my old case (so you may be stuck with sluggish 2100t)

Last edited:
Back