WTB: carfax or autocheck report

mnewxcv

[H]F Junkie
A little odd for this forum, but if anyone has a subscription for either carfax or autocheck and could run a vin for me, I would be happy to pay a percentage of the subscription fee to avoid paying $25 to run a single vin myself.

Keep in mind that a carfax will only show reported issues that went through government or insurance companies. If someone had a crash and repaired it out of pocket with a 'friend', it will never show on the carfax, but will probably be very easy to detect by looking under the car and looking for paint where it should not be or components that appear to be of different ages. (y)

Last edited:
Keep in mind that a carfax will only show reported issues that went through government or insurance companies. If someone had a crash and repaired it out of pocket with a 'friend', it will never show on the carfax, but will probably be very easy to detect by looking under the car and looking for paint where it should not be or components that seems to be of different ages.
I check Carfax mostly for maintenance records.

A little odd for this forum, but if anyone has a subscription for either carfax or autocheck and could run a vin for me, I would be happy to pay a percentage of the subscription fee to avoid paying $25 to run a single vin myself.

I'll do it.
Pm me car info make model year Vin

Go Google "I found a working link to free autocheck" and the first reddit link should help you out. It worked for my car at least.

Car fax reports are more comprehensive and provides a significantly better insight because it includes things like service history and previous repairs done to the vehicle. There are no free carfax as far as I know. But a year ago people were getting free carfax by listing the vehicle they wanted to purchase up on eBay and had eBay automatically generate a carfax report. Maybe it still works? Who knows.

I'll do it.
Pm me car info make model year Vin

thanks but agenesis's post worked and I was able to get the autocheck report for free.
Go Google "I found a working link to free autocheck" and the first reddit link should help you out. It worked for my car at least.

Car fax reports are more comprehensive and provides a significantly better insight because it includes things like service history and previous repairs done to the vehicle. There are no free carfax as far as I know. But a year ago people were getting free carfax by listing the vehicle they wanted to purchase up on eBay and had eBay automatically generate a carfax report. Maybe it still works? Who knows.

Thanks a lot, I will be running a lot of reports now :p

Back