WTB: BIOS Flashing Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

kagebarton

Limp Gawd
Got an old DFI NF2 Ultra Infinity that had it's BIOS chipped zapped (literally watched a spark fly from my vaccum to the chip unfortunately).

Does anyone here have access to a chip flasher of some sort? I've moved on to newer hardware, but I'd rather not see the old girl go this way (was still in use as my linux tinkering box).

oh what was that DFI LANPart forum.. there was (is?) one around, can't remember what it is though.
But I had killed my BIOS, somehow managed to flash the wrong one :p
one of the guys on the board worked for DFI, I sent the chip to him, he reflashed, and I got it back within like a week.

not sure if they are still doing that though, or if that forum is even still around.

Yeah, I used to frequent DFI Street, then DFI Club, have no idea where the support forums are at now.

What kind of chip is it specifically? I have several chip flashers, but without knowing which chip it is exactly, can't tell you whether or not I have a compatible socket.

if you have another motherboard that uses the same type BIOS chip (512k, , Phoenix, etc) you can hotflash a new chip in a different board, then place it in the DFI board, Ive done that a few times

Unfortunately I don't have another board with a compatible chip.

Inaba here is a pic of the chip:

30xd06w.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back