Wtb: best Gpu i can get for $300-400.

Older cards with less than 4GB of VRAM are probably the only good deals since mining ethereum requires > 4GB at this point.

Older cards with less than 4GB of VRAM are probably the only good deals since mining ethereum requires > 4GB at this point.
fortunately 4gb rx480's still do 1080 in most games passably. If only miners would sell them instead of burning them.

Check ebay for GTX 980 4gb, miners don't seem to want them because of the 4gb memory and you can get solid 1080p performance with a little OC.

Looks like they can be had for around $175-225. Not a bad deal considering they're selling for maybe $50 more than they were last Summer. Compare that with any of the mining capable cards which are now selling between 75-100% markup. It's still a bit faster than his old R9 290X and you're not going to get completely screwed on the price like you would with a 1660 or anything faster.

Check ebay for GTX 980 4gb, miners don't seem to want them because of the 4gb memory and you can get solid 1080p performance with a little OC.

Looks like they can be had for around $175-225. Not a bad deal considering they're selling for maybe $50 more than they were last Summer. Compare that with any of the mining capable cards which are now selling between 75-100% markup. It's still a bit faster than his old R9 290X and you're not going to get completely screwed on the price like you would with a 1660 or anything faster.

I've seen plenty of 1660's at microcenter but they're all around $320 now. (Non-super, non-TI). At that point it seems like it's better to just buy a 4GB 470 or something for $100-150.

1614300438299.png

1614300476952.png

I've seen plenty of 1660's at microcenter but they're all around $320 now. (Non-super, non-TI). At that point it seems like it's better to just buy a 4GB 470 or something for $100-150.
how much more are the Ti's ?

The R9 Fury or Fury X is also on the table here. Pricing seems around the same as GTX 980 but its usually the faster card.

GTX 770 4GB and GTX 1650 here. Open to offers on either. Haven't looked into current pricing, but open to offers.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
As ive nothing to offer but advice, and this isnt a duscussion forum, but you are in a unique pickle I would suggest maybe looking at a Ryzen 3400g and some really fast tight timed ram. Its a true GPU, just stuffed on a cpu, and will run 1080p quite well.

As ive nothing to offer but advice, and this isnt a duscussion forum, but you are in a unique pickle I would suggest maybe looking at a Ryzen 3400g and some really fast tight timed ram. Its a true GPU, just stuffed on a cpu, and will run 1080p quite well.
I cannot wait for the 4600/4700g to drop. ive seen them in prebuilt systems for $600.

Probably a 1080 Ti, I would look here or in hardwareswap, don't go to ebay. That's what I have and I skipped the 20 series as it wasn't much of a boost. I don't see myself finding a reasonably priced 30 series until the end of the year unfortunately.

Thanks everyone for the advice and help. I am still looking though. Now im more inclined on 1080 or better. Ill wait for the right one.

Last edited:
I wanted to chime in, i bought a geforce 1060 6gb on ebay for $85 -- seller had a lot of good feedback and i assumed it was a card from mining operation. Ebay ended up refunding me and shutting down their account due to suspicious behavior. Then i ordered a firepro W7000 $70 which will hold me over until things are back to normal. Saw a geforce 980 4gb for $160+ shipping. Its rough out there...

I wanted to chime in, i bought a geforce 1060 6gb on ebay for $85 -- seller had a lot of good feedback and i assumed it was a card from mining operation. Ebay ended up refunding me and shutting down their account due to suspicious behavior. Then i ordered a firepro W7000 $70 which will hold me over until things are back to normal. Saw a geforce 980 4gb for $160+ shipping. Its rough out there...
Noted. Thank you!

I wanna thank everyone that reach out and helped. I got better than expected. Hardforum thank you.
👍

Back