WTB: Basic Android Phone

RoGuE1230

Limp Gawd
I'm looking to buy a phone that has Android on it. It doesn't need to be anything special by any means, but my only requirement is that it has at least Android 1.5.

Let me know if anyone has something like this, thanks.

any particular carrier? I have a Droid Incredible with a Seidio 3200mah extended battery. It's a bit beat up but it works pretty well and I have cyanogen's gingerbread rom.

Can get a prepaid T-mobile Samsung Dart ATM for $100. Can also get $30 voice/msg/data plan if you go through the proper channels (Walmart/Tmobile - new activation) -- pretty much the best basic android phone deal ATM.

Although maybe you are looking for a phone strictly to mess around with, rather than actually use as a phone....

Last edited:
Sorry, posted that in a rush and didn't explain. I was really wanting something basic to just use in my car to use the Torque app on coupled with a bluetooth OBDII reader and not even use it as a cell. Really, I would probably just keep it in the glovebox, so I don't want anything too fancy.

Sorry, posted that in a rush and didn't explain. I was really wanting something basic to just use in my car to use the Torque app on coupled with a bluetooth OBDII reader and not even use it as a cell. Really, I would probably just keep it in the glovebox, so I don't want anything too fancy.

I have an HTC Hero I'd let go for $45.00

You can also look at Ting.

$105.00 is their low end phone, no contract.

$6.00 monthly fee, everything else is based on usage, so if you dont use it for anything (airplane mode) you wont pay more than the $6.00

Ya, sounded like I was barking up the wrong tree from your initial post.

Back