WTB:Apple Magsafe 60w

sdotbrucato

[H]ard|Gawd
I really don't want to spend the $80 on a new magsafe so I'm giving this a shot. Maybe someone has one laying around after selling a bricked Macbook or whatever.

Anyway, I'm looking for a 60w Magsafe, i'll even entertain broken power supplies depending on whats wrong.

Thanks for looking, bumps are appreciated!

I happened to be looking up 60w magsafe adapters a few weeks ago. Ebay is for sure the cheapest you're going to find magsafes.

You can buy third party ones from china for ~$15.50 shipped.

A few weeks ago there was a seller that sold several refurb genuine Apple 60w magsafes for ~$25 shipped if I remember correctly. I can't find that listing anymore - so I'm guessing it's sold out now.

I happened to be looking up 60w magsafe adapters a few weeks ago. Ebay is for sure the cheapest you're going to find magsafes.

You can buy third party ones from china for ~$15.50 shipped.

A few weeks ago there was a seller that sold several refurb genuine Apple 60w magsafes for ~$25 shipped if I remember correctly. I can't find that listing anymore - so I'm guessing it's sold out now.

I've heard horror stories about the Chinese knockoffs, exploding, blowing fuses, not capable of charging the laptop, (Just enough power to keep the laptop from drawing from the battery) etc. I've been keeping my eye on Ebay, I wish I saw that $25 lot when it was posted =(

I've heard horror stories about the Chinese knockoffs, exploding, blowing fuses, not capable of charging the laptop, (Just enough power to keep the laptop from drawing from the battery) etc. I've been keeping my eye on Ebay, I wish I saw that $25 lot when it was posted =(

I actually use a third party one when charging on the go - seems to work fine - haven't had any problems with it yet (knock on wood).

Apple's own ac adapters have a problem with not being able to supply enough power to the laptops without drawing from (and therefore, not charging) the battery.

http://www.engadget.com/2008/11/22/macbook-and-macbookpro-suffer-performance-anxiety-once-the-batt/

Just find a reputable brand that happens to sell third party bricks and shoot for a higher wattage.

As far as risk for third party "knockoffs" go, a good number of them are made by the same companies that make them OEM for the brands themselves. Case in point, the third party 9-cell battery I got for my Aspire One has the same OEM source as the 3-cell that came with the unit. Both were made by Simplo.

Back