WTB: Anyone got a smokin' hot AMD FX 8350 or FX 9590?

1337Goat

Gawd
I've heard so many good things about the FX 9590 that I can't help but want to try it.
At the moment, I've just got a wimpy FX 4350, so cranking this system up to the max will surely add a little spice.
But uh, don't expect me to want to spend too much on this. You know how it is.

Smokin' hole in the ground from a smokin' hot CPU.
explosion-mushroom-cloud.gif

I think I've a fx6300? It's 7 hours away from me though. I'd give it to you if you paid shipping but it's too far to drive to get it. I'll keep you in mind if I go to that place to so an IT job. It's just sitting in a mother board out of a case.

Why are these chips so expencive on eBay. Imo they should be like $10 for a fx8350. They really wernt great chips at the time, a $15 x5680 is better.

On another note a 8350 should be able to be pushed near as far as a 9590 and some care to motherboard choice is required to really push these as they draw stupid amounts of power.

I think someone has a 8350 in a draw they wouldn't mind parting with for dirt cheap if ya stay looking.

Why are these chips so expencive on eBay. Imo they should be like $10 for a fx8350. They really wernt great chips at the time, a $15 x5680 is better.

Maybe that "late adopter" gouging going on lol.
Crazy that FX-8350 is creeping upon 10 years since release ( October 2012 ? )

Thanks for showing me that eBay auction!
I'll certainly try to win it there hahah. But yeah, I'm truly only looking for an 8350 or 9590. I'm looking for the ultimate power.

Maybe that "late adopter" gouging going on lol.
Crazy that FX-8350 is creeping upon 10 years since release ( October 2012 ? )
I think it's just people scamming uninformed individuals thinking 8 core 4.7ghz is godly. Thats why there are so many 100-200 listings. When no one is looking for old xeons without having a idea of what they are getting so it helps keep it abit more reasonable.

I also think alot of 9590s are dead. They were defini9ntly into the degradation over time part of the performance degradation curve with the voltages, temps, and power they were pushing.

Thanks for showing me that eBay auction!
I'll certainly try to win it there hahah. But yeah, I'm truly only looking for an 8350 or 9590. I'm looking for the ultimate power.
Ultimate power usage*

Tbh if this is really for a performance gain you could do much better throwing $50 at a new mobo cpu combo

If its for cool overclocking fun to keep ya warm over the winter a 8350 is fine

It cannot be overstated that you need a good motherboard for those two chips. A budget offering will not work well, or very long.

What motherboard do you have?

I've got the ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+. I don't mind running it in its no-threads mode, if it keeps down the heat.
And for the record, NO, this will not be my "main system" hahah. No, I'm just doing this for fun. =p

I've got a full system that works, and it just has the weakest FX 4350 in it, and if I'm gonna upgrade something that old, I gotta upgrade to either the 9590 or the 8350. Nothing else will do. But I still prefer the 9590.

FX-9590 while I admit would be a neat project... it is a 220w CPU and I believe it shipped without a cooler, and was recommended to use water cooling. (while air cooling can be used... you'll need to get something fairly high teired to tame that beast)

Reactions: travm
like this
I have a FX-8350 I'm interested in letting go. As far as I remember it was an excellent overclocker but now I have it paired up with an ASRock 970 Extreme3, a cooler master tower heat sink that does OK, and 2x2gb of Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24. Maybe you could buy the lot, slap the FX-4350 in the ASRock and the FX-8350 in the Asus?

PM me if interested, I don't really want to part the set but I have it sitting here ready to go!

Reactions: travm
like this
I have a FX-8350 I'm interested in letting go. As far as I remember it was an excellent overclocker but now I have it paired up with an ASRock 970 Extreme3, a cooler master tower heat sink that does OK, and 2x2gb of Crucial Ballistix Elite DDR3-1600 8-8-8-24. Maybe you could buy the lot, slap the FX-4350 in the ASRock and the FX-8350 in the Asus?

PM me if interested, I don't really want to part the set but I have it sitting here ready to go!
being frugal myself, this is a good plan. Frankly my Asrock 970 Extreme3 was a great overclocker when using a 6 core 6300. I dont think i'd push it with an 8c though. The VRMs just cant handle it. That was the biggest failing of these chips, their motherboards would throttle due to vrm overheating. That was my experience anyway. The 6300 could hit 4.4, but gave occasional issues in games. 4.3 was solid all day. Never got around to trying better than mediocre air cooling. Still have an 8350e running at stock that games just fine. Does everything just fine actually.

I know it wasn't exactly what you're after but on ebay there are a lot of fx 8320s for like $35. Why the 8320 is $35 and the 8350 is more like $90 is beyond me, but, that is what it is...

being frugal myself, this is a good plan. Frankly my Asrock 970 Extreme3 was a great overclocker when using a 6 core 6300. I dont think i'd push it with an 8c though. The VRMs just cant handle it. That was the biggest failing of these chips, their motherboards would throttle due to vrm overheating. That was my experience anyway. The 6300 could hit 4.4, but gave occasional issues in games. 4.3 was solid all day. Never got around to trying better than mediocre air cooling. Still have an 8350e running at stock that games just fine. Does everything just fine actually.
yep, vrm is definitely the limiter on that setup, but it was running solid for years. I believe I undervolted and left it at stock but it's been a while.

I've got the ASUS M5A99FX PRO R2.0 AM3+. I don't mind running it in its no-threads mode, if it keeps down the heat.
And for the record, NO, this will not be my "main system" hahah. No, I'm just doing this for fun. =p

I've got a full system that works, and it just has the weakest FX 4350 in it, and if I'm gonna upgrade something that old, I gotta upgrade to either the 9590 or the 8350. Nothing else will do. But I still prefer the 9590.
If I am not mistaken, the VRMs on that board are pretty decent. Should be ok for an 8-core chip plus overclock. How much an overclock I couldn't tell you. Regardless you will need good airflow.

If I am not mistaken, the VRMs on that board are pretty decent. Should be ok for an 8-core chip plus overclock. How much an overclock I couldn't tell you. Regardless you will need good airflow.
Yeah, I'm not at all worried. I'm also in no need of an intense overclock. I'm just looking for a fair price.
A FX 8350 for $10 plus shipping would be nice, or a $50 9590 is what I'd expect. But instead, these prices are kinda high on ebay.

Yeah, I'm not at all worried. I'm also in no need of an intense overclock. I'm just looking for a fair price.
A FX 8350 for $10 plus shipping would be nice, or a $50 9590 is what I'd expect. But instead, these prices are kinda high on ebay.

Have 9590FX, plus some DDR3 2400 CL10 (16gb), interested please PM

5950.jpg DDR3_2400.jpg

Back