WTB: Any LGA1366 55xx or 56xx CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chilly

[H]ard|Gawd
I am looking for LGA1366 CPU for my SR-2 board.

Boring Back Story: A little while ago I posted my SR-2 system and etc for sale, while I did sell most of the parts, I ended up being stuck with the SR-2. I did get plenty bites but since I do not trust shipping a motherboard this large I only wanted to sell the motherboard locally. I did have a few bites locally, but they ultimately fell through.

I sold the parts as I needed the money. As it is, I'm still poor. I do however have an SR2 motherboard, and enough spare parts(RAM, PSU, etc) minus the CPU to get a working system of my own again.

I fold for two teams, Team 33([H] aka The [H]orde), and Team 54196(HWC). I switch back and forth occasionally, and when I can, split WU's between both teams. If I do get a CPU from here, I'll fold using that particular CPU for the [H]orde.

My budget is dreadfully low - $80-$100(CANADIAN) shipping included. I'm in Canada. I'm only looking for one CPU(just want to get the system running), but because its an SR2 it needs to be a dual QPI chip(that means xeon 55xx or 56xx).

I don't expect many (if any)offers, but I thought I'd try. :p

You can check ebay, I saw some E5520's (maybe 5530's) ES cpu's there for about $60 per cpu.

There are some QCZN ES's on Ebay for $70/CPU (2.13 GHz 8MB quad, no HT according to the seller), but I have no clue whether they'll POST on the SR-2, given that a bit of Googling revealed several people having no success with them.

I would even take a dual core chip, but only if it will POST without issues.

I have the ability to flash the BIOS chip if that is what is needed, but Id rather not. I only want chips that are known to work. Feel free to post some eBay links, because I am not finding any that will ship to Canada.

If I can not find anything, oh well, but I am going to try dammit! :(

This listing ships worldwide, but its a bit over your budget.
It is the second cheapest quad on Ebay right now. The cheapest is this but I doubt it will POST without flashing the BIOS chip.
This one is a nice D0 2.8 GHz quad; he took an offer of $240 for 2, so you might try trying your luck.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back