WTB: 8GB (2x4GB) of DDR3-1600 1.25V memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

harddud

Limp Gawd
Looking to double the memory in an Sandy Bridge old box from 8 to 16GB. The box currently has 8 GB of G.Skill Sniper DDR3-1600 1.25V DIMMs ... so looking for another set that will fill the other two slots.

Hoping to find the set of memory here before having to go to Fleabay (cringe). If you have a set that should be compatible, at a good price, please PM me.

Thank you for your attention ...

Last edited:
Note the 1st thru 7th digits of the serial number printed on the labels of your modules. The first 4 digits represent the mfg date in a YYWW format, the next three are the IC code. For the best match you want to get as close as possible to the date of your kit and then you want to exactly match the IC code. Secondly, note whether your kit has single-sided, or double-sided modules. You absolutely want to match this for best compatibility.

Below are examples of both a single sided (note one side has no surface mounted components on the PCB just above the gold contacts) and double-sided kit (SMC on both sides, as well as memory chips on both sides). One was manufactured in 2013 with IC code "250" and the other in 2015 with IC code "150". While both are DDR3-1600 C9 at 1.25v, I wouldn't suggest trying to run these together unless perhaps you were not going to overclock them at all. Even though they both use Samsung ICs , they may still not play well together as they use completely different memory chips, one being a 4Gbit chip and the other a 2Gbit chip, respectively.

GSkill 3x4GB DDR3-1600 1.25v SS.jpg
GSkill 2x4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 1.25v DS.jpg

Note the 1st thru 7th digits of the serial number printed on the labels of your modules. The first 4 digits represent the mfg date in a YYWW format, the next three are the IC code. For the best match you want to get as close as possible to the date of your kit and then you want to exactly match the IC code. Secondly, note whether your kit has single-sided, or double-sided modules. You absolutely want to match this for best compatibility.

Below are examples of both a single sided (note one side has no surface mounted components on the PCB just above the gold contacts) and double-sided kit (SMC on both sides, as well as memory chips on both sides). One was manufactured in 2013 with IC code "250" and the other in 2015 with IC code "150". While both are DDR3-1600 C9 at 1.25v, I wouldn't suggest trying to run these together unless perhaps you were not going to overclock them at all. Even though they both use Samsung ICs , they may still not play well together as they use completely different memory chips, one being a 4Gbit chip and the other a 2Gbit chip, respectively.

View attachment 167150
View attachment 167151

Reefa, Thanks for your reply. Here is what I have with a date code of Aug, 2011:

F3-12800CL9D-8GBSR2
DDR3-1600 CL9-9-9-24 1.25V
PC3-12800 4Gx2 Intel XMP ready

Last edited:
I am somewhat confused by your last post. You stated that you have an Aug 2011 kit but the info you posted appears to be from the label of my second pic with the exception of the voltage which you listed as being 1.5v instead of the 1.25v showing on the label.

What is the info showing on your kit (only first 7 digits...the rest is specific to the module and sequential within a kit)? And I assume your timings and voltage are the same as the pictured modules, right?

I am somewhat confused by your last post. You stated that you have an Aug 2011 kit but the info you posted appears to be from the label of my second pic with the exception of the voltage which you listed as being 1.5v instead of the 1.25v showing on the label.

What is the info showing on your kit (only first 7 digits...the rest is specific to the module and sequential within a kit)? And I assume your timings and voltage are the same as the pictured modules, right?

Sorry about that. I corrected my previous post to indicate that the DIMMs are 1.25V.

Here is the label from the kit package:

https://imgur.com/pXGk6Xk

Which IC code are your modules? That info is only available from the serial # printed on the actual modules (5th - 7th digits).

Truth is just look for ram rated for the same speed and voltage. All four stick will default to the most loose timings of the sticks.

No need to worry about serial numbers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back