WTB: Hercules 3D Prophet 4800 KYRO II SE

Regarding the XGI Volari V8 Ultra Duo :

Elmnator_Twitch
"I think you may have the only one in the world in a sealed package."

Holy moly, i forgot about the Quantum3D stuff.

How rare is a beast like this?? :

View attachment 49018

I have two. :shame: Both purchased because a friend psyched me up on 6Ks, knew Hank (personally I guess), said he had some 6K's made with VSA102s and twice the VRAM, on black PCB. Friend said that the box of them was left in the house he lost to his ex-wife. Sadly I don't know the validity to the story. Early days I believed it, but almost 20 years later and what I know now, I have a hard time believing it. (I was part of the 3DHQ crew, but not in any useful capacity like coding, and our guy did know ex-3Dfx staff, which is how we managed to get the driver source code for everyone! :) So at least some good came out of it all.)

Anyways, what did come from it all was a love of Q3D cards. I didn't have a wallet to fund my love, but I had a few. Pretty sure I still have my Q3D SB200 (the commercial variant of the X-24), but last time I looked I only found the Medusa cable :\
Though I do still have my 8132's!! (The majority of those cards in the pictures you see are technically 8132. 8 chips, 1 card [slot], 32 MB/ea so 256MB total. The PCB physically states 8164 on them all, but only ones with RAM on both sides are true 8164s).

One I bought very early days, though I don't honestly know 'when' anymore, but early/mid 2000s. Came with the power delivery PCB card. This was my holy grail personally! So I was very happy to own one :D

One I bought many years later, for one reason because they did come configured with more, which were then called an 8232 (or 64), so I figured more the merrier. However, the main reason I bought it was... it came with the even rarer "Sensor Post Processor" card! Which basically added shader effects to the simulators these cards were used in, like night-vision. All the video (to my knowledge) is thus passed through this card instead of using the AAlchemy card's output. Reason I liked that was because this had DVI output :) Also a cool bonus of being powered by a Voodoo 3 chip!

I devised a way to power them once upon a time, using a DC-DC Buck Converter which would've used a modern high-amp 12V for input, and then capable of 45A output at the 2.xV... but what kept me from going through with it is the unknown X variable. Some boards said 2.9V, some say 2.7V. As I recall it (haven't looked in years) mine say 2.7V, but the official PSU on Donovan's site stated 2.9V. As such, I was too scared to spend the money, which would've been ~$50 for the Buck Converter and then *shrug* $75 for a capable PSU. Wasn't in my budget for a "maybe", if it ended up killing the card in the process.

The SPP V3 board works though. So I imagine the card it was attached to, also did/does.

Anyways, I am not totally certain I'm willing to part with them yet, but IF there's any interest, I suppose I'd entertain offers. They've always been in their anti-static bags, on a shelf in my room (except when we moved, then it was carefully packed).

I have a Hercules 3D Prophet 4500, but I'm not willing to part with it :p

MpoYdyx.jpg

Back