WTB 3D Printing service for enclosed cable combs or the stl files for the ones listed

Status
Not open for further replies.

scgt1

Supreme [H]ardness
Well the guy that has done all mine in the past was upper slammed then went on vacation. Said he should be able to get them done next week 3 weeks ago. He hasn't responded to status update emails. So I don't know what is going on.

Starting to get pressured by my other half to get the computer off our kitchen table since it's been there the start of September. So I need to source out someone else to print the ones for this build or someone that is fluent with 3d design of combs and is willing to send the stl files. Our local Library has 3d printers and they just charge by weight all we need is the stl file and a Library card.

I'll have to take calipers to the ones I have so they can be matched as close as possible anyway for width and wall thickness. Just looking for black and able to accept 4mm sleeved wires in each opening.

The config and count I'm looking for is the following:
5 x 4 pin

4 x 6 pin

17 x 8 pin

6 x 16 pin

Now for the ones that need blanked out spots (filled in to cover the void and keep cables from jumping over)

3 x 24pin (5th spot in from the left needs to be blocked solid)

4 x 6 pin (These get two blocked solid bottom left and top right)

9 x 6 pin (These get the bottom left blocked solid)

If you have questions about any of the ones that need spaces filled in feel free to shoot me a message and I can explain.

The style I'm looking to replicate is attached and circled in red. (The two on the left standing up)
Also here are some photos of the ones he designed for a different order to give you an idea in program.

FYI I'm in Arlington for anyone local to DFW otherwise zip is 76010 for shipping.

Attachments

• IMG_20190314_071151.jpg
    IMG_20190314_071151.jpg
    332.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
so you do or dont have the stl files to print?

If you just need STL files printed and shipped to you I can do that no problem

If you need 3D design of combs to edit the STLs and such then sorry I dont have time currently in my schedule

PM me

so you do or dont have the stl files to print?

If you just need STL files printed and shipped to you I can do that no problem

If you need 3D design of combs to edit the STLs and such then sorry I dont have time currently in my schedule

PM me

Don't have them. I'm looking for someone to either create them and send the stl file so I can get them printed at our library or for someone to create them and print them. Either way really. lol
Some people that have printers already create combs on the regular so I was just hoping someone here did really. Other then a few tweaks or fill ins they may already have the needed files and it wouldn't have been much of an issue for them.

I just know I really don't want to do all the wire routing to turn around and undo it when combs come in. I would rather comb the cables then install and route them. My fiance is starting to get tired of the kitchen and kitchen table full of computer parts and boxes though so it may just come to that. Installing the cables and routing everything so I can finish the build minus the combs. Currently I have fan wires, etc all over due to not knowing exactly how things will be routed. Wasn't planning on waiting 3 extra weeks past when I was told they would be done from my guy I've been getting them from for builds and having no ETA in sight because I haven't heard back from him.

Last edited:
Do you need a specific color? I have blue, red and yellow currently. Shouldn't take to much if I can find dimensions. Single piece like the picture or open so you can slide in the wire or are you able to pass wires through (closed shape).

You could just use something pre-designed, but it won't give you the custom blocks offs you wanted.

Good place to search:
https://www.thingiverse.com/search?q=cable+combs&dwh=465d9bad9ab7914

Hit me up (message me, I may not check this thread often). If I know the inner radius and outer I'm sure I could design and convert to .stl file and print if needed (although, I'm not sure what level of precision you need, my printer isn't professional grade but it works).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back