WTB 2 x Ultra ATA 100/133 IDE 2 device Cables in Arlington, TX

Status
Not open for further replies.

scgt1

Supreme [H]ardness
So many probably see IDE Jesus what does this dude want with those. My dad passed away Dec 26th and I'm working on resurrecting his old box that died many years ago. Turns out main issue was the psu was toast not even a single light on my tester. Now I'm down to some wore the hell out IDE cables. So wore out if they are flexed just right 1 to 2 drives may/may not even show up or the computer will hang before it even posts to bios.

Currently they are flexed just right for all drives to show and it to post into windows which I also had fun and had to wipe the login password on after tossing a ton of reset programs at it the majority of the night last night till 2am. Having a raided OS setup wasn't helping as most couldn't see the raid drives.

Anyway several months ago I went through all my parts bin and unfortunately tossed anything IDE (I'll never need these anymore I was telling myself!) FML I need some of those 10-12 cables I tossed now. I don't want to put faith in the cables that are in there now as they are highly worn out and since I'm intending to transfer very delicate files of generations of family photos I don't want to risk the cables loosing their sweet spot.

If Frys was still open I would just go pick some up 6 minutes away. I don't believe any stores actually carry these things anymore other then them locally anyway in Arlington. I know there are some members here that are in Arlington/GP, TX if you have a bunch of these in your parts bin and want to get rid of 2 shoot me a pm. I don't care if they are the fugly gray ribbon ones or rounded they just need to be trustworthy unlike what's in there now and be Ultra 100/133 dual device. Prefer a bit longer as it's an ATX case. Shorties won't work though they need to be at least standard length that would come with a mobo.

I have some if you pay shipping, I can send you a couple. PM me.

Hell, hit up some of the PC shops in the Arlington area. If they have any, they'd probably just give them to ya man.

If it comes to it, there is no shortage of 80-pin IDE cables on eBay too. Good luck with your search.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back