WTB: 4 x 4GB DDR4 kit and LGA2011v3 heatsink

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bluntman

Supreme [H]ardness
Thank you to those who have posted or at least looked at this thread. I went and bought new so this thread is no more...

Last edited:
So you want VRaptors or max size/$? Must RAM be 4x4 or will 4x8 work?
Either VRaptors or very fast 7200 RPM drives, but the raptors take priority. 4x4 is kind of a must due to price, and for what I will be doing 16GB is plenty for now.

I'll check, but I think I have a pair of 300 gig Vraptors that are not being used and have pretty low hours and power up time.

Bump for Kalamazoo from South Haven.

I have a 2x4TB of WD Red, but seems to be a different vibe than you are going for.

I'll check, but I think I have a pair of 300 gig Vraptors that are not being used and have pretty low hours and power up time.

Half the size I was looking for, but I will consider them depending on price due to low wear.

Bump for Kalamazoo from South Haven.

I have a 2x4TB of WD Red, but seems to be a different vibe than you are going for.

Re-pre-sent! Perhaps, again, depends on price and performance. Reds are RAID suitable 5400RPM Greens, IIRC?

I probably have 4x 250gb vraptors, possibly matching dates on all 4

4 drives is more cable spaghetti and heat than I probably want to deal with, but thanks. EDIT: I may have a use for 2 in a second project, however

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back