WTB 1155 CPU/RAM/Mobo Combo

Status
Not open for further replies.

edge929

[H]ard|Gawd
Building my son his first gaming rig. Looking for a Sandy/Ivy combo. Prefer 8GB of RAM, ATX or MicroATX. Considering getting a HP/Dell refurb on ebay and gutting it with the price of RAM right now (eg link). Heat under edge929. I can pay via non-CC Paypal.

Edit - Looking to keep the combo to $200 or less but I will entertain all offers (even full systems).

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
What's your local Craigslist or facebook marketplace look like?
I've seen x99 + 5820k + 4x4gb around $300.
There were a couple setups $220-250 in my area but I didn't feel like driving thru 3 area codes in the rain.

In in San Francisco, Los Angeles had 6800k setups popping up around the same price points.

Yup, I've been checking CL. Mostly i5 2400's which isn't bad but they are on Dell or HP proprietary boards which I'm trying to stay away from. Need to drop in a GPU as well and most of those cases aren't friendly to those.

What is your approx budget and where is shipping to?
I have some newer combos and mostly complete PCs.

Lowest thing I have is this around $170 depending on shipping:

HP Pavilion 500-037cb Desktop Computer

AMD A10-6700, 16GB Memory, 128GB SSD,Wifi, card reader.

Looks like this:

https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c04100666

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
I can also do this combo for $150 shipped, but you would be using the integrated graphics considering your budget:

i5-3570 with a generic tower cooler with a fan
(2x4GB) 8GB DDR3,
GA-Z68A-D3H-B3,
250GB SSD WD Blue

You would have $50 left for a case/psu combo.

If you are not going to add a discrete gpu later DPOSCORP's offering is better due to the 2X better integrated GPU. My offering would be better if you added a discrete GPU later when your budget permits but you would be stuck with half the GPU performance until the fresh discrete GPU would be added later. I think a base budget for a low end system with used parts should be about $500 honestly. RAM and especially GPU prices right now are insanely high.

Last edited:
Worked out a deal with Daedalus. I appreciate everyone's offer and time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back