wrt54g thoughts

laserdemon

[H]ard|Gawd
I am thinking about buying one of these in the next week. I just wanted to hear some real world thoughts about it. Thanks guys.

I know about the linux add on you can do...thoughts on that...and

the 7.5db upgraded antennas....your thoughts.

Ive read a few reviews and they all seem favorable, and i like that you can replace the antennas or add a cantenna to it.

Thanks guys alot

Mines been working wonderful with newest firmware. I hammer it with gigabytes of downloads weekly and all my gaming activities and its only needed to be rebooted once. Wireless is stabile and fast. The 54G was the top rated wireless router in Portable PC Magazine. Have no comment on the 3rd party firmware as I never use it, but I heare alot of people get some serious kick ass stuff outa using Sveasoft firmware instead of Linksys stuff. Most people here will agree its the low end router of choice among enthusiasts of all kinds.

laserdemon said:
I am thinking about buying one of these in the next week. I just wanted to hear some real world thoughts about it. Thanks guys.

I know about the linux add on you can do...thoughts on that...and

the 7.5db upgraded antennas....your thoughts.

Ive read a few reviews and they all seem favorable, and i like that you can replace the antennas or add a cantenna to it.

Thanks guys alot

I was kinda skeptical about the whole thing...mostly from the connection horror stories. Picked up the WRT54G, and the companion wireless ethernet card, and within 20 minutes of getting everything out of the box I was up and running. Both PCs were hooked up, could see each other, both had net access and I got the main printer shared. The laptop is don the stairs and half way across the condo, and the signal strength is usuall good to very good and I've had zero drops....it is nice to know I can pop on a better antenna if I need more range, but so far the stock setup seems fine.

Best SOHO router on the market. Even better if you head over to www.linksysinfo.org for some custom firmware.

I am running the latest version of HyperWRT with out any problems.

A++ for the router.

Back