WRT54G Question - blown VR

Steel Chicken

Supreme [H]ardness
So I did a noob/idiot thing and plugged the wrong AC/DC adapter into my wireless router. You think plugging a 24v Adapter into something expecting 10v would be a problem? Yep. Pop! So it looks like some kind of voltage regulator blew up. I was wondering if anyone knew the part number so I could order a replacement and solder one in.

I *think* its an
AP1501-33

however, there are a number of packages available im not sure exactly which one to order...any idears? Any have theirs apart?
The only other info on whats it is the #04191, but the PDF file describing the component does not match up to that, although everything else does.

more info:
http://www.semiconductorstore.com/pages/Items/Anachip/AP1501.htm

Thanks, thats it. It says its rated for 40v, so im wondering why 24v blew it up. It even says the caps are rated for 25v. Oh well.

I hope theres no other friend components. I dont mind soldering one or two things, but a whole bunch wont be worth it.

its probably the input capacitor that blew, ill ask a friend at Openwrt

Ok,got hold of him,he said you blew a cap most likely, i asked which one and he didnt get back to me yet....ill keep checking with him.

well im sure the VR was blown, it literrally blew a chunk off. all the other components look ok.

I take it back. the VR AND one of the caps is blown.

well,he still didnt get back to me,but if you can see its blown too , it shouldnt be too expensive to fix....what? 10 bucks max? as long as your good at soldering. i got the iron,but not the hands...lol...good luck!

Back