WRT54G keeps dying.

Qwertyman

2[H]4U
Just got this router and installed the DD-WRT firmware (which could be the problem,) well for the past few days the thing has just died on me. For example, i come home from work and i can't get on the internet nor can anyone else, I have to restart the router, cable modem, and computer to get it back. I can still connect to other computers that are hard-lined to the router to transfer files, but 0 internet and the green light for it is on too. Now could it be the firmware or something else?

Check the temperature of the box. Make sure it is not having thermal problems.

well it died again. 5x in a row. I can't get it back on this time. I've shut off the router, restarted the cable modem, disabled network connections then restarted them, nothing...I couldn't even get into the router to change the settings. Now i'm back on my 3 yr old B router.

EDIT: forget it, i smashed the thing to a 100 million pieces. Biggest waste of money i've ever spent - worked one day.

they seem to have some problems with these routers (FIRMWARE MOSTLY), but when they work there Champs!

I3roknI3ottle said:
they seem to have some problems with these routers (FIRMWARE MOSTLY), but when they work there Champs!
ehh nothing i can do now, because i'll never purchase it again, plus its in the garbage.

Back