WRT54G dd-wrt update..!

antok86

[H]F Junkie
i have an extra wrt54g with dd-wrt...i want to try tomato out. do i just download the latest .bin file and update using the firmware updater in dd-wrt?

tomato firmware is even better then the soup. i dont remember doing anything special with mine, it was a simple flash procedure

i have an extra wrt54g with dd-wrt...i want to try tomato out. do i just download the latest .bin file and update using the firmware updater in dd-wrt?
Yes, you only need a special process for the initial install of 3rd party firmware.

tomato firmware is even better then the soup. i dont remember doing anything special with mine, it was a simple flash procedure

depends on what version of the router people have though. different revisions have different flash procedures.

since the op already has ddwrt install, the version will determine if you use the std or micro builds.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Yes, you only need a special process for the initial install of 3rd party firmware.

Been flashing WRT54G's for years with no special process...

OP, grab Tomato and flash inside DD-WRT. Just make sure to do a hard reset while still in DD-WRT before you flash.

i have wrt54g v2 that already has ddwrt...i just downloaded the proper tomato firmware and updated it through the dd-wrt firmware update and it works just fine
thanks all

Some versions do... regardless, once you put a third-party firmware on, you don't have to worry about it.

not all of the wrt54g versions have 4mb of ram. so you can't flash the normal firmware on those models.
Posted via [H] Mobile Device

Back