Wrong Dell Memory..help (urgent)

Yz388

Limp Gawd
I wanted to add more memory to a dell system.
It has a stick of 256 Infineon PC 2100U DDR 266 CL2

I ordered this from newegg. http://www2.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16820141173
Its pqi 512mb DDR 266 CL2.5 PC2100U

What is the CL 2 and CL 2.5

Also on the stick orig in the dell, it says sd ram up top, but then on bottom says ddr. I added another stick off DDR,, is this the problem?

Thanks

if it fits, it should work, though you bought ram with higher timings than what say was in there in the first place. you might have to put the new stick of ram in the first slot and put the old one in the second to ensure the memory controller reads the timings properly.

nope does not work... can someone provide me with a link from newegg of memory that does work with the dell 2350?

The memory in there now is pc2100U SDRAM 266 cl2

If you're going to try to get memory for a Dell, you should buy from a solutions provider rather than buying generic memory from Newegg. I love Newegg, but for a particular system it's better to get something specifically recommended for your exact system. Here's the part I would recommend for you, and this company is really good. It's a little more expensive than Newegg's, but at least it's guaranteed to work for your exact system:

512MB Memory Upgrade for Dell Dimension 2350

One other thing: When adding a larger stick of memory alongside a smaller one, always put the larger stick closer to the CPU. So you would want to put the 512MB in the first socket and move the 256 to the second.

With the DDR/SDRAM question, all DDR memory is also SDRAM, so that's not a problem. It's the same stuff as you already have in there.

thank you everyone. Im going to get it from that link, and successfully had the other memory returned. (Love Newegg :) )

Now i know...

thanks again

Back