Wrong clock speeds..?

enlightenedby42

Supreme [H]ardness
So I decided it might be fun to overclock my BFT 6800gt a bit today, and I downloaded coolbits and whatnot for the first time on this windows installation, go to the clock speed tap, and it says my settings are 200 core/500 mem?! Why would it set the wrong clock frequences, shouldn't that be in the BIOS of the video card (which haven't been modded at all) Is there something seriously wrong here...?

you clicked manual overclocking right?

then, did you select the "3d" tab?

you were probably viewing the 2d clock settings. :p

RMA time. I used to have a BFG6800gt and it was underclocked at stock speeds. 350/1000 should have been 375 I think. It has been a while.

enlightenedby42 said:
So I decided it might be fun to overclock my BFT 6800gt a bit today, and I downloaded coolbits and whatnot for the first time on this windows installation, go to the clock speed tap, and it says my settings are 200 core/500 mem?! Why would it set the wrong clock frequences, shouldn't that be in the BIOS of the video card (which haven't been modded at all) Is there something seriously wrong here...?

not rma time, you're looking at the 2d clock settings, the core is lower during 2d because it doesn't need anymore speed for it, if you turn on manual overclocking then you can select 3d and it will show you the true clocks that the card is set at during 3d applications.

darkhorse said:
not rma time, you're looking at the 2d clock settings, the core is lower during 2d because it doesn't need anymore speed for it, if you turn on manual overclocking then you can select 3d and it will show you the true clocks that the card is set at during 3d applications.

Quoted for teh troof

It has been a while since I looked at mine but doesnt 200/500 seem low even for 2d clock speed?

darkhorse said:

Well, I'm a genius.
Apparently when I installed rivatuner I inadvertantly disabled separate controls for 2D/3D, which I guess is a registry setting that even carries over into the driver controls. The separate tabs don't even show when you do that, so it never occured to me. You're looking at the next Stephen Hawking here, folks. :)
Thanks for the suggestions.

Back