Write Protection

Hey guys, I have a very odd problem....no idea what the hell is causing it.

Here are my specs:

Gigabyte UD3P mobo
x2 250gb HD's in Raid 0 Via purple GSATA ports on mobo
64-bit Vista Home Premieum

I have my HD partitioned like this...

C:\ = 80gb
D:\ = The rest

I have my OS installed on C:\, and all of my programs/stuff I use on D:\.

This issue has randomly started to occur, where my D:\ drive decides to become write-protected and I cannot access it no matter what I do, until I reboot. I reboot, and it's totally fine.

The first time it happened, I was fucking with admin rights, changing things, running chkdsk etc...I finally decided to reboot, and one HD in my Raid 0 Array said Failed at the boot screen. I slap my vista CD in and repair the OS, don't let it finish...cancel, and my raid is back to "normal" at the boot screen and I was able to boot into Windows like nothing ever happened, after check disk ran and found no errors.

This is still happening, I have no idea why my drive likes to become write protected, but I have only found that rebooting resolves this issue. Is it possible that a HD is failing, and Vista is making it write-protected to prevent data loss?

T[H]anks guys!

Vista is most likely your problem.My hard drive became the same way when I was changing network settings for shared drives and printers.The only way I fixed the problem was to rerun windows.

Back