Wrapping text on a circle in Photoshop!?!??!

jyi786

Supreme [H]ardness
I've been trying to do this all night without much success.

I want text to be wrapped around a circle, but in this fashion:

Circle "divided" in 2; different lines of text on top half and bottom half of circle.

The problem is that Photoshop decides to do one of the following:

1. Upon dividing the circle in 2, Photoshop forces me to create a work path of the entire half, including the flat part; I only want text on the outside curve!!!
2. On the bottom half, no way in hell I can get the text on the outside of the curve; Photoshop insists on putting it on the INSIDE and I can't get it out no matter what.

Help me Photoshop gurus? ;)

Ok, it is way easier to create something like this in Illustrator since its vector, but if you only have PS then here's what you do:

Create your line of text, then, under the filter menu find distort and apply a polar coordinates filter to your text (hit OK to the box that shows up). Your text should be wrapped in a circle now, or at least an oval. If its an oval just transform it:). Only thing is that the text will be rasterized now and if you enlarge the shape it will become pixelated.

Ok, it is way easier to create something like this in Illustrator since its vector, but if you only have PS then here's what you do:

Create your line of text, then, under the filter menu find distort and apply a polar coordinates filter to your text (hit OK to the box that shows up). Your text should be wrapped in a circle now, or at least an oval. If its an oval just transform it:). Only thing is that the text will be rasterized now and if you enlarge the shape it will become pixelated.

That would be an idea, but the only problem is that it warps the text so much that no amount of transforming it will fix it.

Any other ideas?

Edit: Yeah, it seems PS is really limited when it comes to this. What a shame. At any rate, I figured out how to do all that and more in Illustrator. Thanks for the help!

Back