WPA2-Enterprise Setup

Haven

Supreme [H]ardness
So I have been tasked with setting up WPA2-Enterprise on the network. Right now for testing I have a single Cisco 1240AP, and a test Windows Domain. The Windows domain is at 2003 functional level, but has been extended to have the Wireless policies, and we have a 2008 DC in the test network also.

Is there any definitive guide to setting up a WPA2-Enterprise wireless network? Most of what I find is mostly client side. I am trying to get the Group Policy setup to push down to the client machines.

Thanks guys!

It's pretty easy. You go to the policy under computer config. Add a new template and set your options. Type in the SSID and preshared key and thats about it.

Are you doing EAP, RADIUS, certificates?

I am using RADIUS for the AP, and certificates for the clients (laptops).

I thought I had it configured but keep running into issues. So I am getting ready to reload the test laptop because I think the config is good, and it is an issue on the laptop at this point, but I am not sure.

So I now have the settings on the laptop matching the settings on the AP, I think. However the laptop is giving me "The settings saved on this computer for the network do not mach the requirements of the network."

On the Windows 7 laptop I have:
Security Tab:
Security Type; WPA-Enterprise
Encryption Type: AES
Authentication Method;
Microsoft Smart Card or other Certificate
Settings;
When Connecting;
Use a certificate on this computer
Use simple certificated selection
Validate server Certificate

The correct certificate is checked in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities.

On the AP I have the following settings:
Encryption: ciphers aes-ccm
Authentication: open+EAP
Key Management: wpa

Any ideas?

Back