WPA not sticking on XP/linksys PCI G card

z3r0-

[H]ard|Gawd
Recently someone decided to start stealing my internet so I had to encrypt my network. I run a Dlink DIR-625 with DHCP disabled to handle wireless because I have to use verizons action tech POS as a router so our TV service works. I set WPA on the router and all was well on our two dell laptops with intel wifi and vista. My brothers computer won't cooperate at all. I run XP on there with some cheap linksys wifi card and every time I set WPA and connect, the internet dies shortly after because it decided to changed to WPA-PKE mode or something. Why won't it stay regular WPA? Is it the card or drivers or what? Should I switch to WEP?

Also, my dlink drops wireless randomly every now and then for a few seconds no matter what channel it is on. Should I switch to a dedicated wireless AP?

if u use wep you are asking for trouble again.

i would say its the card or the drivers on y our brother's laptop. see if u can upgrade them first.

To give you an idea. WEP can be hacked into by someone knowing what they are doing in less than 1 minute. Faster depending on password.

Pretty sure WAP2 hasn't ever been hacked, altho I may be mistaken.

To give you an idea. WEP can be hacked into by someone knowing what they are doing in less than 1 minute. Faster depending on password.

Pretty sure WAP2 hasn't ever been hacked, altho I may be mistaken.

That's pretty sad...

Back