WP8 users, post up what you think would be welcome improvements?

YeuEmMaiMai

Extremely [H]
So I got a Nokia 810 a solid device overall and I am happy with it. WP8 is nice but there is one thing above all else that needs to be fixed asap. Microsoft needs to take a trip back in time and bring the functionality of the WM 6.5 dialer to WP 8.

THE DIALER JUST PLAIN SUCKS

1. Needs s smart dialer that can pull up ph# based upon what you are typing in- e.g. you type 999-9... and it starts to list all the numbers that you might want to dial with that combination you entered. MS calls this a smart phone and it has no smart dialer?

2. Sortable call list based upon incoming, placed calls, missed calls or by contact, etc.

3. Timers for calls, lifetime, and data

4. Can we PLEASE have the option of keeping the phonebook seperate? I got 11ty billion FB frends and I do not want them in my phonebook.

5. A slider that allows you to hide the call buttons. This way you can't accidently hang up on a call by using your face. WM 6.5 had an arrow at the top of the dialer pad where you could show/hide the dialer thus preventing you from accidental button presses with your face.

Not really a dialer option but having the ability to select long or short DTMF tones would be nice...

#4 has been an option for as long as I can remember... You just have to filter your contacts list.

#4 has been an option for as long as I can remember... You just have to filter your contacts list.

Once you set up a Facebook acct or Tango or any other integrated service, the contacts become part of the list. This has not changed from WP 7

Ummm, I have a facebook account set up on mine right now. I have the list showing ONLY my google contacts. So yeah, the option is there.

People -> settings -> filter my contact list

You're welcome.

lol, I had to check which forum I was in... I saw WP8 and thought OP was referring to Word Perfect.

I have WP7(.5) and it sounds like they left the dialer as its awful self.

Does it still default to the history window? Have you calculated how many taps it takes to dial someone? So annoying.

Yeah, the WP8 dialer is god awful. History -> tap the dialer button -> dial. Why it doesn't have a T9 dialer I'll never know. There are apps for it, but you have to click "confirm" every time you dial. Just awful.

My biggest beef with WP8? I want the emails to remember my selection. I'm partially OCD with my inbox, I want everything read & deleted, so in Android (Gmail app) I multi-select, hit mark as read, then delete. With WP8, I have to multi-select, hit mark as read, multi-select AGAIN, then hit delete. Oh yeah, and it still doesn't sync as read half the time. Drives me nuts.

Ummm, I have a facebook account set up on mine right now. I have the list showing ONLY my google contacts. So yeah, the option is there.

People -> settings -> filter my contact list

You're welcome.

uh, no

Google contacts that do not have a ph# still show up...

nice try though.....

Last edited:
^logic fail

There is no way to keep your phone book seperate if you enable other accounts on the phone.

you can filter them by account type but that's it

what part of this are you guys having difficulty with?

Remove people from the group "my contacts" in gmail? I have no idea what you're doing wrong.

I have my facebook, I have my Live.com, I have my Gmail, I have my Linkedin and I have my twitter, all set up under accounts on my phone. And guess what? I can choose which ones I have displayed. I chose just to have my gmail contacts that have phone numbers, and that's EXACTLY what I have displayed. Seriously, you're doing it wrong.

I want a notification center, native Skype integration and a native Jabber client.

Notification centre (with quick wlan, bluetooth, nfc etc. toggles), Windows 8/RT like multitasking, browser UI and settings improvements (forward button, ability to turn JS off, password manager, text reflow, text size setting, zoom related settings), file manager.

Back