Wozniak First in Line for the New iPad

I've actually met Woz and he is a cool guy. Respected him even more after reading the Steve Jobs bio, guy has his morals/ethics in the right place that's for sure.

You can't really pull the SD card out of your camera and stick it directly in the "iCloud", though.
I think the iPad will probably get an SD card slot as soon as the model line is split up with iPad and "iPad Pro" models. The "iPad Pro" will get an SD slot; the regular iPad won't. Until then, it's the camera connection kit.

If Apple did added a properly functional SD card slot, how will they be able to gouge customers for that extra memory in higher end iPad's? Seems that the answer to the question regarding a memory slow is very simple. They don't want it there since they won't be able to sell their overpriced models of iPad that way (most likely this is also the reason why their camera kit card access is read only).

Imagine if Apple would have been lead the last 20 years by this guy instead of Jobs.

It would have easily been a whole different company.

This guy is so laid back and very much not rich guy stuffy jerk like. He's truly just happy
to be alive and enjoy his life.

If he is so cool why doesn't apple bring him on to "replace" jobs?

Woz is an engineer not a business guy. I doubt he would have any interest in running any company even one as dear to him as Apple. He's also much too principled and nice to be a good CEO. He's like the anti-Jobs. I think that's probably what made them such a good duo.

Could also just be that when woz was active, memory was really all you had. Didn't he leave apple in the mid-80's?

Sort of like how folks still called cd's "records"... and today people still talk about "the latest cd" even if they downloaded it on itunes.

I'm surprised Wozniak has to wait in line at all. I mean can't the guy whom co-founded Apple be able to pull one straight off the production line? Apple at least owes him that.

He's mentioned before in several interviews that even in cases where he received a product straight from the line he still waits in line because he likes to hang out and talk to people in the crowd.

As far as the memory remark, How many interviews has he done over the years? Countless, and as a result he probably has learned to talk in layman's terms. If he started going on about ram, roms, partitions and so forth it's just going to go over most of the reporters heads. I probably would have said similar if they asked me, because believe me some reporters are stupid.

They should put the 160GB drive from the iPod Classic in it.

Could also just be that when woz was active, memory was really all you had. Didn't he leave apple in the mid-80's?

Sort of like how folks still called cd's "records"... and today people still talk about "the latest cd" even if they downloaded it on itunes.

technically "records" is still the correct term. It's a recording of your music. "Record" is a misnomer when applied to the proper term "LP" (Long Play). At least that's my take.

"Record" is basically analogous to "album" for the most part, but I've heard musicians apply the term to just about any type of type of recorded work (EPs, soundtracks, etc.). Others think of vinyl records when they hear the term "record".

It's a bit wishy-washy I guess.

I was looking at accessories for the iPad and just for a lousy VGA adapter they want $40.00. Get stuffed.

I would only wait in line for some new product lunch is if there was staff members or some event going on that would be worth it.

I think he does shit like this to make himself seem more approachable. Maybe it helps with getting speaking engagements like the one he mentions. Also, his wife must be very understanding to wait in line for him all afternoon.

He wants more "memory". He wants to put more movies "in memory"? WTF Woz. :rolleyes:

People in the out side it world call hard drive space memory. stop being nerdy about it. Memory = hard drive space.

People in the out side it world call hard drive space memory. stop being nerdy about it. Memory = hard drive space.

And in this case it actually is memory. Flash memory. It's not a drive in there.....

i happened to see the video still before the article headline and said to myself 'who is that homeless person?' then i read the headline.. lol

Local Futureshot had only 10 in line this morning until opening. One of them was a guy who leases out one of our offices.

He brought it in and I set it beside the original Transformer that I upgraded to ICS.

I could not tell any real difference between the two that would make me want the new iPad. Even with the old Tegra 2, we fired up the same websites and messed around doing the same things and the only real difference is the iPad is a bit wider in portrait due the 4:3 ratio. Speed wise, it was a draw.

The new screen isn't as impressive as I thought it would be. The font edges are smoother when you zoom in like crazy, thats about it. Could have never guessed the res is so high if I didn't read the specs. The ASUS screen was actually brighter, with better whites and a more inkier black. The iPad was a more softer, cooler (bluish) white. Everyone hear actually preferred the ASUS screen on white background websites.

Didn't try games, as I don't own the ASUS and he doesn't have any yet. But I can say for a fact yesterday I was torn bewteen buying the Prime and the new iPad. Today I don't want the iPad anymore.

I love the Woz too, but doesn't he look even much bigger than normal? Hope he's okay and healthy. Just a cool guy.

I think he does shit like this to make himself seem more approachable. Maybe it helps with getting speaking engagements like the one he mentions. Also, his wife must be very understanding to wait in line for him all afternoon.

She was first in line. :p

I use the universal term "albums".

I'm surprised Wozniak has to wait in line at all. I mean can't the guy whom co-founded Apple be able to pull one straight off the production line? Apple at least owes him that.

He still owns A LOT of stock, he's still an executive employee, - of course he doesnt have to wait for one and could have had one while still in R&D but this is HYPE for his company and thus enriches him further.

Back