WoW

motox2121

n00b
1 Question for those of you experienced with world of warcraft:

Yesterday i got the trial version of world of warcraft, and i want to upgrade it so i can have all the features. I know that I can upgrade it online for 39.99, but I dont think that gets you a copy of the software does it? It sounds like going to the store and buying the game would be the way to go, but I want to keep the character I have now. Is there any way I can buy the retail game and still keep my character?

Thanks, sorry if that didnt make sense im tired :)

Yes, go buy the retail copy, and when its installed, click 'Existing Account' and you'll be set :)

munkle said:
x3

P.S. Im still addicted too :( :p , crazy wow crack.

x4

-former everquest junkie (currently successfully resisting all mmorpgs, no relapse for 2.5 years)

yeah its been 2 days, and im starting to feel quite strange...

...lol j/k, its pretty fun but i really dont see it taking my life over.

motox2121 said:
yeah its been 2 days, and im starting to feel quite strange...

...lol j/k, its pretty fun but i really dont see it taking my life over.
the poison moves slowly through your system.

WoW crack creeps up slowly.
It's easy to grind and quest for a an hour or 2 a day while you'e under 60, once you get to about 50, you'l find that the next piece of gear is just in reach, an hour turns to 3, soon enough 3 turns to 5-6. You get into a god raiding guild, you do MC once a week for a few hours, then BWL another night for a few hours, then another night AQ for a few hours, then you realize you need more gold to cover repairs pots than you're currently making and you find yourself grind out in your "raid-free" time to get mats and gold, then you get your T1 set and then your T2 set, then you're grinding faction to get faction gear, then you're grinding Naxx and its all cool and new and then you realize you're not only completing with your own class for items, but like 3 others for T3 quest items and you ponder, my god when will I complete T3, by the time T4 becomes available? and you wonder, oh god what am i doing.....

yeah, I'm jonesing and it's only been a week

odoe said:
WoW crack creeps up slowly.
It's easy to grind and quest for a an hour or 2 a day while you'e under 60, once you get to about 50, you'l find that the next piece of gear is just in reach, an hour turns to 3, soon enough 3 turns to 5-6. You get into a god raiding guild, you do MC once a week for a few hours, then BWL another night for a few hours, then another night AQ for a few hours, then you realize you need more gold to cover repairs pots than you're currently making and you find yourself grind out in your "raid-free" time to get mats and gold, then you get your T1 set and then your T2 set, then you're grinding faction to get faction gear, then you're grinding Naxx and its all cool and new and then you realize you're not only completing with your own class for items, but like 3 others for T3 quest items and you ponder, my god when will I complete T3, by the time T4 becomes available? and you wonder, oh god what am i doing.....

...no it really is like that. sucks to say, but it is true. the moment i realized i had to take a break was when i was getting mad while walking to class one day that a paladin might try to bid on the onslaught girdle... i knew at that point it was time to move on.

HRslammR said:
...no it really is like that. sucks to say, but it is true. the moment i realized i had to take a break was when i was getting mad while walking to class one day that a paladin might try to bid on the onslaught girdle... i knew at that point it was time to move on.
lol, glad i only made it to lvl 51
I tried for like 2 days straight to get ST groups and never got one that would finish the dungeon and then quit the game out of boredom of soloing and frusteration over trying to group.

I am glad my first online gaming experience is Eve and not World of Warcrack or Evercrack II :eek: :D ;)

Jared701 said:
lol, glad i only made it to lvl 51
I tried for like 2 days straight to get ST groups and never got one that would finish the dungeon and then quit the game out of boredom of soloing and frusteration over trying to group.
Sunken Temple sucks... and I'm going to hate having to go there to get my Druid a sweet chestpiece. Hopefully with a few 60s going along we can pound it all out in a short amount of time.

HRslammR said:
lolpallydps

Store-bought copy would be best, though I don't think you have to reinstall. If I remember right, there's an option in account management to link your existing account with a new retail CD key. You want to avoid reinstalling WoW from scratch by all possible means. :eek:

Back